Gt.Yarmouth

Old August 11th 03, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
graham

Default Gt.Yarmouth

planning on spending a few days at the Vauxhall caravan site at Gt |Yarmouth
has any one any experinces of this site......i've heard it is a good family
site with plenty of entertain ment

Old August 11th 03, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
T P

"graham" wrote:

planning on spending a few days at the Vauxhall caravan site at Gt |Yarmouth
has any one any experinces of this site......i've heard it is a good family
site with plenty of entertain ment

Sounds like one to steer clear of!

Thanks.

;-)

Old August 13th 03, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
StvDp

We stayed there a few years ago. If it rains make sure you take plenty of
equipment to bail your caravan out as it is built on a marsh and floods very
easily. Toilets were not cleaned from one day to the next. Almost everyone who
we spoke to would never go there again. Your Choice.
Steve
Old August 18th 03, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Thornber

In message , StvDp
writes
We stayed there a few years ago. If it rains make sure you take plenty of
equipment to bail your caravan out as it is built on a marsh and floods very
easily. Toilets were not cleaned from one day to the next. Almost everyone who
we spoke to would never go there again. Your Choice.
Steve

We've been there once, but we spoke to a lot of repeat visitors. It
seems that some people go back every year. The entertainment was the
best I've ever known on a caravan site by far.

The toilet facilities were fine while we were there. Bear in mind that
all it takes to mess up the toilet facilities is a small bunch of
inconsiderate sods. We had this at Kiln Park once (not a patch on
Vauxhall) - it was obvious that someone thought it was funny to make a
deliberate and disgusting mess of the toilet facilities.

There were two down-sides to our visit to Vauxhall:
1) We both suffered from food poisoning one night - something which
seemed to be most likely attributed to the take-away pizza that we
bought from one of their shops.
2) One thing they don't tell you in the brochure is that their next door
neighbour is a dangerous chemical plant! They had an 'incident' while
we were there that was so serious that they evacuated the site for the
whole day. They were even considering evacuating the whole of Great
Yarmouth!

--
David Thornber
Old August 19th 03, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Michael Haselhof

Sounds to me like you may have been affected by the water, my wife can tell
straight away when the water isn't right, and we buy a BIG bottle instead,
she will very quickly go down with a bad stomach if the water isn't right,
and she did then.
"David Thornber" wrote in message
In message , StvDp
writes

Old August 20th 03, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Thornber

In message , Michael
Haselhof writes
Sounds to me like you may have been affected by the water, my wife can tell
straight away when the water isn't right, and we buy a BIG bottle instead,
she will very quickly go down with a bad stomach if the water isn't right,
and she did then.

Unlikely, as we always buy bottled too. We went through all of the
possibilities at the time, and the pizza was by far the most likely
suspect. We had even commented at the time on the fact that it was warm,
but not 'piping hot.' We'd put this down to the couple of minutes walk
back to the 'van, but with hindsight, it probably wasn't cooked properly
in the first place.

--
David Thornber