awning tracks

Old July 16th 05, 06:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default awning tracks

Does any one know if there are awnings available using larger diameter
piping than used in the UK. Our German caravan has a over sized awning track
and the awning keeps coming out. We have been told there is no way of doing
anything with the track so need to look at replacing the awning.

Old July 16th 05, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 06:19:43 GMT, "John"
wrote:

| Does any one know if there are awnings available using larger diameter
| piping than used in the UK. Our German caravan has a over sized awning track
| and the awning keeps coming out. We have been told there is no way of doing
| anything with the track so need to look at replacing the awning.

I have seen UK awning piping on sale here, so if you buy in Germany you
might find the correct piping freely available. Quote the make and name
of the van. There are many small firms here who repair canvas things who
would be able to replace one piping with another quite cheaply.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old July 16th 05, 06:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 16th 05, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Caravan Man

Hi John,
Try a pit of wood 12"Long 2" X 2" and put it over the your awning track
and tap the wood with a mallet "etc" it will close it,
There is a tool you can get for this?,
Try Towsure.com put in Part No A268 for Awning Rail Spreader at 3.95,
Once you closed the rail use the rail spreader to size it,
they also do a kit A083 at 9.35 ,
Hope this helps you,
John.