Multimo

Old July 17th 05, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
septic tank

Default Multimo

Hello anybody got a Multimo if so does it do as they say.

Old July 17th 05, 07:21 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ken Fraser

"septic tank" wrote in message
Hello anybody got a Multimo if so does it do as they say.

We bought one last year. Once you get into setting it up properly - make
sure it is sitting perfectly level, then just align as in the instructions,
it is really good. Its quicker to set up than waiting for the TV autotune to
work.
We had excellent reception up in the far Highlands (Brora) with no
problems - in fact it was quite windy there, so set it up on a table in the
awning. We usually leave it just outside the 'van sitting on a tray which is
easy to level.
Nice a reasonably small - ours lives under one of the dinette seats when not
in use.

Old July 21st 05, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JB

"septic tank" wrote in message
Hello anybody got a Multimo if so does it do as they say.

It's certainly the right size but I found it difficult to tune in properly.
Especially for the narrow Sky signal (Astra 2D?). In the end I gave up and
went for a larger dish - for substantially less money.

Old July 27th 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe R

Hi,

I use the Multimo, have done for the last.
It works a treat, usually have it tuned into Sky with 5 minutes and
the picture if perfect.

I don't even have it on a stand, it just sits on my 7 quid plastic
table, next to the van.

Took it down to the Loire valley this June and again, perfect picture.
don't let the size put you off, its got the pulling power of a 50 - 60
size dish.

I use the Sat Finder Kit sold by Maplins ( about 19.99 ) or was when
I bought it. it comes with the compass and a very good signal meter.
Dont get one of these signal meters with lights on, I did and they are
crap!.

The other good thing about the Multimo, is it picks up both Analoge
and Digital Signals.

Joe R