macgas

Old July 17th 05, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon GIBBS

Default macgas

Can anyone help with macgas supplier details. When we got our van it came
with a half full 8kg bottle and an almost empty 13 which doesnt fit in the
locker. The previous owner said he had to swap one of the 8s for a 13 when
he ran out on holiday and the local dealer only had 13s in stock. When I
have phoned local macgas dealers they only do the 13kg bottles but one
dealer offered to swap the 13 for an 8 at an additional cost of 10 plus the
cost of the gas however he didnt have any 8s in stock. Is there anywhere
with 8kg bottles in stock where I can get a refill and hopefully swap this
big bottle for a smaller one.
Yes I know I should switch to Calor but I dont want to pay out for new
bottles at the moment.

Old July 17th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:39:41 GMT, "jon GIBBS"
wrote:

| Can anyone help with macgas supplier details. When we got our van it came
| with a half full 8kg bottle and an almost empty 13 which doesnt fit in the
| locker. The previous owner said he had to swap one of the 8s for a 13 when
| he ran out on holiday and the local dealer only had 13s in stock. When I
| have phoned local macgas dealers they only do the 13kg bottles but one
| dealer offered to swap the 13 for an 8 at an additional cost of 10 plus the
| cost of the gas however he didnt have any 8s in stock. Is there anywhere
| with 8kg bottles in stock where I can get a refill and hopefully swap this
| big bottle for a smaller one.

See my other post today, and Bills advice

| Yes I know I should switch to Calor but I dont want to pay out for new
| bottles at the moment.

Search the local tips, builders yards, roadsides.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old July 17th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 17th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"jon GIBBS" wrote in
:

Can anyone help with macgas supplier details.

[...]
Yes I know I should switch to Calor but I dont want to pay out for new
bottles at the moment.

I had a 7kg MacGas butane and, since I live in Cornwall, I thought that I
wouldn't be able to get it refilled. However, I phoned my local Calor
centre (as opposed to a camping accessory shop etc. that sells Calor
refills) and was told that Calor bought out MacGas some time ago. This
meant that I could hand in my MacGas cylinder in a straight exchange for a
6kg propane without needing to pay another "deposit".

Search www.yell.co.uk for "Calor" to find the nearest to you, and give them
a ring. Hopefully, the same rules that applied to me three years ago will
apply to you today.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old July 17th 05, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Yes I know I should switch to Calor but I dont want to pay out for new
bottles at the moment.

Keep having a trip to your local tip, very soon you will find a calor
bottle that can be had for free or a small backhander.

(remove the spam to reply)

Old July 17th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ROBIN DUMPLETON

Macgas is a trading name of BP Gases and not a Calor company.
If any other company had done that with a Calor cylinder, (effectively
converting the customer to their brand) Calor would have had them in court
so fast they wouldn't have known which way up they were.

Robin

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"jon GIBBS" wrote in
:

Old July 17th 05, 11:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
ROBIN DUMPLETON

Macgas is a trading name of BP Gases and not a Calor company.
If any other company had done that with a Calor cylinder, (effectively
converting the customer to their brand) Calor would have had them in court
so fast they wouldn't have known which way up they were.

Robin

"Geoff Lane" wrote in message
"jon GIBBS" wrote in
:

Old July 18th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"jon GIBBS" wrote in message
Can anyone help with macgas supplier details. When we got our van it came
with a half full 8kg bottle and an almost empty 13 which doesnt fit in the
locker. The previous owner said he had to swap one of the 8s for a 13 when
he ran out on holiday and the local dealer only had 13s in stock. When I
have phoned local macgas dealers they only do the 13kg bottles but one
dealer offered to swap the 13 for an 8 at an additional cost of 10 plus

the
cost of the gas however he didnt have any 8s in stock. Is there anywhere
with 8kg bottles in stock where I can get a refill and hopefully swap this
big bottle for a smaller one.
Yes I know I should switch to Calor but I dont want to pay out for new
bottles at the moment.

Flogas took over a lot of other firms.
http://www.flogas.co.uk/main/index.html
Ask them, as they use a lot of different named cylinders, with a Flogas
label on top around the valve connector.

If there not ask at a main Calor dealer.
I feel sure it will be one of these two.

Please reply to News Group.