Hyundai Santa Fe

Old July 18th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

Default Hyundai Santa Fe

Good evening one and all, not wishing to start a thread that has happened on
many occasions, but does anyone here have a Santa Fe, and if so are you
pleased with it. We have a Sterling Europa 490 and want to make sure that
should we get a Santa Fe, it will pull it. ON paper all looks good but would
be interested in hearing anyones experiences

Sarah and Lloyd

Old July 18th 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pnky & Perky sing Live8

"Sarah and Lloyd" wrote in message
Good evening one and all, not wishing to start a thread that has happened
on many occasions, but does anyone here have a Santa Fe, and if so are you
pleased with it. We have a Sterling Europa 490 and want to make sure that
should we get a Santa Fe, it will pull it. ON paper all looks good but
would be interested in hearing anyones experiences

Sarah and Lloyd

The 2.0D Hyundai engine is very, very, capable - much more so than the
paper figures might suggest.

The car should come with a written warning, 'This engine is a complete dog
for the first 1500 miles, but after that you will be amazed by it"

The biggest drawback is the cost of servicing - nearly double that for a
comparable Ford 1.9 TDi. engine. Make sure that you check out the costs
before purchase - it is possible to buy an 'up-front' service package that
covers the first three, about 500 - which is roughly half the cost of
paying for them individually (assumes that you're buying new)

Old July 18th 05, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 20:59:08 GMT, "Sarah and Lloyd"
wrote:

Good evening one and all, not wishing to start a thread that has happened on
many occasions, but does anyone here have a Santa Fe, and if so are you
pleased with it. We have a Sterling Europa 490 and want to make sure that
should we get a Santa Fe, it will pull it. ON paper all looks good but would
be interested in hearing anyones experiences

Sarah and Lloyd

Not got one, but everyone who has reckons they are very good and
extremely well priced. Nice car. 5 year warranty too.

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Old July 19th 05, 05:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jerry

"Pnky & Perky sing Live8" wrote in message

[...]

I have had a Santa Fe for over 2 years now and it pulls my Lexon like a
dream.

It will never win any Grand Prix but thats not what I bought it for. I have
had it
from new, the clutches are suspect so beware anyone with a heavy left leg.
I had
a new clutch fitted at 24,000 miles but it was under warranty and had no
problems
with the dealers as they know it is a known problem. Having said that, we
are happy
with it. The driving position from up there is great. Servicing costs are
nowhere near
double the 500 quoted above, dont know what garage he uses?. Mine is
serviced by
a main dealer and costs between 200-250. At the end of the day its what
you want
that counts, you will get advice on here from people who probably have never
owned
or driven one so go with your own feelings and if you do buy one then
enjoy.

Old July 19th 05, 06:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

wrote:

Good evening one and all, not wishing to start a thread that has happened on
many occasions, but does anyone here have a Santa Fe, and if so are you
pleased with it. We have a Sterling Europa 490 and want to make sure that
should we get a Santa Fe, it will pull it. ON paper all looks good but would
be interested in hearing anyones experiences

Excellent tow car. Mine is 5 months old - and has just towed 1500kgs
of loaded van to the French Alps. Returned 28mpg - but it had a bike
rack on so wasn't very aerodynamic. My only complaint is it seems to
'creak and rattle' an awful lot - and the air con isn't that powerful
(I'm used to VWs). I also used www.drivethedeal.com and got a
cracking deal - much better than a dealer would give me. Also, I
can't see how I'll ever hit the solo mpg claims - currently getting
about 34 commuting - 38 on a gentle run.

Simon

Old July 19th 05, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pnky & Perky sing Live8

"Jerry" wrote in message

[...]

10,000 miles = 260.00

20,000 miles = 340.00

30,000 miles = 270.00

all of the above are merely glorified oil changes. When you hit the service
that includes a cambelt change @ 60,000 miles, the cost soars to over
700.00

Someone has got to pay for that 5 year warranty, you know....