1997 Volvo S70 LPG Conversion

Old July 18th 05, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

Default 1997 Volvo S70 LPG Conversion

Has anyone had this conversion done? and what impact does it have on
the caravan towing ability? My main cocern is the wieght of the tank
and it's effect on the nosewieght

Old July 19th 05, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

It will have no effect on the noseweight as noseweight is a function of
caravan loading. Why didn't you buy your car as a "Bi-Fuel" model?

All the best, Peter.

oups.com...

Old July 19th 05, 07:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

"artleknock" wrote in
oups.com:

Has anyone had this conversion done? and what impact does it have on
the caravan towing ability? My main cocern is the wieght of the tank
and it's effect on the nosewieght

Drop the question in de Dutch ng nl.reizen.caravan
LPG is common in NL.

--
Regards, Lex
http://biod.net

Posted by news://news.nb.nu

Old July 19th 05, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Has anyone had this conversion done? and what impact does it have on
the caravan towing ability? My main cocern is the wieght of the tank
and it's effect on the nosewieght

Is it worth doing an expensive conversion on such an old car?

Christian.

Old July 19th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

On 15000 miles a year, the cost of petrol is 2,438 LPG 1,262 a
saving of 1176 per year. The cost of the conversion is 2.027. Do
your own sums.
But not worth it if I can't tow my caravan.

Old July 19th 05, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
artleknock

Whether I convert or buy, there is still a potential problem with the
weight of the tank reducing the noseweight the car will accept.