Caravan friendly service areas on M5 - Help

Old July 19th 05, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

Default Caravan friendly service areas on M5 - Help

We are going from Sheffield to Somerset later this month
I am asking if anyone has any tips on which Service areas on M5 offer the
easiest access for Caravans

I suspect with traffic we may need a break soon after fighting through the
M42/M6 chaos.

Is it a case of HGV area or Coach area?

TIA

Gerry

Old July 19th 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 12:14:27 +0000 (UTC), "Harpic"
wrote:

| We are going from Sheffield to Somerset later this month
| I am asking if anyone has any tips on which Service areas on M5 offer the
| easiest access for Caravans
|
| I suspect with traffic we may need a break soon after fighting through the
| M42/M6 chaos.
|
| Is it a case of HGV area or Coach area?

I can recommend Donington Park but it is at the junction of M1 A42. The
caravan area is in front of the resterant and sloping towards a nice view.

M42 is our preferred to the M6 south from Bradford. We have noted little
chaos on it except for the Road Works last year.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old July 19th 05, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 19th 05, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin

Michael Wood and Brent Knoll

Exeter is pretty naff

Bridgewater is too small

Gordano is rumoured to have the caravan parking knicked by a local haulier

Strensham is too near home

Old July 19th 05, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Bindon

We've used the Michael Wood Services quite a few times. It's just
North East of Bristol between junctions 13 and 14. It's nothing
special but at least there's no narrow or windy road to get to the
parking area. You are in with the lorries but we've never had a
problem. The other advantage with this Services is that depending on
the time of day you can park up and let the Bristol rush hour die down
before heading on your way.

Regards

Peter

Old July 19th 05, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

"Harpic" wrote in message
We are going from Sheffield to Somerset later this month
I am asking if anyone has any tips on which Service areas on M5 offer the
easiest access for Caravans

I suspect with traffic we may need a break soon after fighting through the
M42/M6 chaos.

Is it a case of HGV area or Coach area?

TIA

Gerry

Thanks for the responses

Strensham sounds good, if its suitable
120 miles from home, could be good for a second breakfast,

Michael Wood even better at 150 miles

Bridgewater is too near destination anyway

Never towed down the M5 before.

Thanks for the info.

Gerry

Old July 19th 05, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Harpic" wrote in message

Strensham sounds good, if its suitable

In our experience Strensham is the most caravan-friendly ss we've used
anywhere in UK.

We haven't used them all.

Mary