Age of van

Old July 21st 05, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

Default Age of van

Would any of you experts confirm that this is a 91 'van? It looks a
bit older to me, but I don't know much (-:

http://www.c4caravans.com/caravan1521.php

I also thought the ad bore a striking resemblance to this one
http://www.findit.co.uk/caravan/caravans/1868371.php
(in the same geographical area), or am I being too suspicious?

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
Old July 21st 05, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
Would any of you experts confirm that this is a 91 'van? It looks a
bit older to me, but I don't know much (-:

http://www.c4caravans.com/caravan1521.php

I also thought the ad bore a striking resemblance to this one
http://www.findit.co.uk/caravan/caravans/1868371.php
(in the same geographical area), or am I being too suspicious?

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstonet

It could be

BUT

If the inconsistencies are deliberate then its well thought out .

DieSea

Old July 21st 05, 07:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 18:00:00 +0100, "DieSea"
wrote:

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
.. .
Would any of you experts confirm that this is a 91 'van? It looks a
bit older to me, but I don't know much (-:

http://www.c4caravans.com/caravan1521.php

I also thought the ad bore a striking resemblance to this one
http://www.findit.co.uk/caravan/caravans/1868371.php
(in the same geographical area), or am I being too suspicious?

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstonet

It could be

BUT

If the inconsistencies are deliberate then its well thought out .

DieSea

The 2nd ad is a couple of months old. It crossed my mind that it could
have been advertised originally as a 93 'van until someone pointed out
that post-92 'vans were easily dated. There are some odd similarities.

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Old July 21st 05, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
Would any of you experts confirm that this is a 91 'van? It looks a
bit older to me, but I don't know much (-:

http://www.c4caravans.com/caravan1521.php

I also thought the ad bore a striking resemblance to this one
http://www.findit.co.uk/caravan/caravans/1868371.php
(in the same geographical area), or am I being too suspicious?

If its a galvanised chassis its an 83, if not galvanised 81 or 82.

Cheers

Old July 21st 05, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:05:46 GMT, "David @ Home"
wrote:

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
.. .
Would any of you experts confirm that this is a 91 'van? It looks a
bit older to me, but I don't know much (-:

http://www.c4caravans.com/caravan1521.php

I also thought the ad bore a striking resemblance to this one
http://www.findit.co.uk/caravan/caravans/1868371.php
(in the same geographical area), or am I being too suspicious?

If its a galvanised chassis its an 83, if not galvanised 81 or 82.

Cheers

David

Thanks, David. I rather thought it was early 80s, just going by the
shape, but was guessing.

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Old July 28th 05, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:35:50 +0100, Paul Rooney
wrote:

Would any of you experts confirm that this is a 91 'van? It looks a
bit older to me, but I don't know much (-:

http://www.c4caravans.com/caravan1521.php

I also thought the ad bore a striking resemblance to this one
http://www.findit.co.uk/caravan/caravans/1868371.php
(in the same geographical area), or am I being too suspicious?

Just to follow up: I've now confirmed that it's the same van,
advertised first as '93 and then as '91. That may be a genuine mistake
but I'd prefer to buy from a seller who is open about the caravan's