Blue stuff

Old July 23rd 05, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
R L Driver

Default Blue stuff

Ok then hands up with the answer . How much blue stuff and water am I
supposed to add to the bottom tank then? The instructions with the toilet
say "read the instructions on the packagefor the proper amount to use"
however snails have eaten the labesl off both the blue and pink bottles
whilst in the locker,so I'm a bit stuck........ toilet is an Elsan visa
potty 168 (25 litres) capacity. Advice gratefully accepted.
Thanks in advance
steve the grease

Old July 23rd 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:55:57 GMT, "R L Driver"
wrote:

| Ok then hands up with the answer . How much blue stuff and water am I
| supposed to add to the bottom tank then? The instructions with the toilet
| say "read the instructions on the packagefor the proper amount to use"
| however snails have eaten the labesl off both the blue and pink bottles
| whilst in the locker,so I'm a bit stuck........ toilet is an Elsan visa
| potty 168 (25 litres) capacity. Advice gratefully accepted.
| Thanks in advance

Blue stuff is IMO much too strong (formaldehyde), I have changed to
Thetfords Green which has volume marks on the side of the container, and
instructions as to how much. I tried other brands which were IMO just
coloured water :-(

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old July 23rd 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 23rd 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"pb" wrote in message
.com...
In article ,
lid says...

wrote:

| Ok then hands up with the answer . How much blue stuff and water am I
| supposed to add to the bottom tank then? The instructions with the
toilet
| say "read the instructions on the packagefor the proper amount to use"
| however snails have eaten the labesl off both the blue and pink
bottles
| whilst in the locker,so I'm a bit stuck........ toilet is an Elsan visa
| potty 168 (25 litres) capacity. Advice gratefully accepted.
| Thanks in advance

Blue stuff is IMO much too strong (formaldehyde), I have changed to
Thetfords Green which has volume marks on the side of the container, and
instructions as to how much. I tried other brands which were IMO just
coloured water :-(

How intriguing, "too strong" eh? I wonder how you decide?

To answer the OP, 60ml per 10 litres capacity of the holding tank. In
practice,
a good glug does the business.

I ascertained the capacity of my holding tank and then worked out the
quantity of 'blue' that was required. I then carefully measured this amount
of fresh water into the 'cap' of the holding tank. With a sharp point I then
scribed a line around the inside of the cap. Whenever I re-fill the holding
tank now I just fill the cap with 'blue' up to the scratch line!

Kev

Old July 23rd 05, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Uno Hoo!

"pb" wrote in message
.com...
In article ,
lid says...

Old July 23rd 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 17:18:02 GMT, pb wrote:

| In article ,
| lid says...
| On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:55:57 GMT, "R L Driver"
| wrote:
|
| | Ok then hands up with the answer . How much blue stuff and water am I
| | supposed to add to the bottom tank then? The instructions with the toilet
| | say "read the instructions on the packagefor the proper amount to use"
| | however snails have eaten the labesl off both the blue and pink bottles
| | whilst in the locker,so I'm a bit stuck........ toilet is an Elsan visa
| | potty 168 (25 litres) capacity. Advice gratefully accepted.
| | Thanks in advance
|
| Blue stuff is IMO much too strong (formaldehyde), I have changed to
| Thetfords Green which has volume marks on the side of the container, and
| instructions as to how much. I tried other brands which were IMO just
| coloured water :-(
|

| How intriguing, "too strong" eh? I wonder how you decide?

Google is your friend. (if you disregard the advertising)

http://www.bradtech.ltd.uk/aquakem.asp
AquaKem blue fluid is a formaldehyde based product

http://www.lhc.org.uk/members/pubs/factsht/82fact.htm
Formaldehyde
is known to cause skin, eye and respiratory damage, and which, in

sufficient doses, affects the heart and lung function and the menstrual
cycle. It causes allergic reactions and mental disturbances and is a known
cause of several types of cancer.

Old July 23rd 05, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 23rd 05, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

I think the new version of Thetford Aqua Kem blue is formaldehyde free.

Cheers