Peugeot 406 12s Aux Connector - Where to pick up main feed wire?

Old July 23rd 05, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geo

Default Peugeot 406 12s Aux Connector - Where to pick up main feed wire?

Hi,

Am totally new to caravanning. Have just bought one but still getting my car
ready to pull it.
I have a 1998 Peugeot 406 1.9TD (XUD) and am trying to wire up the white 12s
socket on the towbar.

I have found out that there is a dedicated feed wire from the 20amp fuse F7
in the passanger fusebox.
Can't find any info on what colour this cable is or what number is written
on it.
So that I do not have to rip out my fuse box, I am hoping that someone can
tell me what the colour and number is.

Many thanks,
Geo.

Old July 23rd 05, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Have you looked at a Haynes manual for your car and one for your caravan?

All the best, Peter.

Old July 24th 05, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Aitch

If you are looking for the feed which is only live when the ignition
is switched on, when I had a 406 Estate the connection was taken from
the low pressure fuel pump, under the rear seat swab. All other
connectors were made using the Peugeot wiring kit and simply clicked
into place at the rear of the car.