help other laptops

Old July 24th 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stewart

Default help other laptops

Reading about the fridge problems reminds me of the difficulty my daughter
had with her laptop; it froze on her and she could do nothing with it. I
told her to turn it upside down and remove the battery, wait a while and
reinsert, After this it was restored to full working order.

Old July 24th 05, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tony Hodge

Stewart wrote:

Reading about the fridge problems reminds me of the difficulty my daughter
had with her laptop; it froze on her and she could do nothing with it. I
told her to turn it upside down and remove the battery, wait a while and
reinsert, After this it was restored to full working order.

That's just dad-power, I have earned the name 'Mr Fixit' from my family
simply by looking at stuff and making it work. Sometimes I need a
soldering iron but not always, just opening the case then closeing it
can help.

Old July 25th 05, 12:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bad Humor Man

"Tony Hodge" wrote in message
m.spmblok...
Stewart wrote:

Reading about the fridge problems reminds me of the difficulty my

daughter
had with her laptop; it froze on her and she could do nothing with it.

told her to turn it upside down and remove the battery, wait a while and
reinsert, After this it was restored to full working order.

That's just dad-power, I have earned the name 'Mr Fixit' from my family
simply by looking at stuff and making it work. Sometimes I need a
soldering iron but not always, just opening the case then closeing it
can help.

Isn't it great when it works on big ticket items?

Just popping the bonnet (raising the hood) and waiting 30 minutes has made
me a hero!

Old July 25th 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin Edwards

If things are REALLY bad you may have to suck your teeth a bit and say
"Looks expensive" before you screw the lid back on having touched
NOTHING!!!!!

"Bad Humor Man" [email protected] .net
wrote in message nk.net...

"Tony Hodge" wrote in message