cadac grill/bbq's

Old July 24th 05, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Troggy

Default cadac grill/bbq's

i am thinking of getting one of these ( possible the full set option)..does
anyone have any experience of it, is it good or bad, pro's and cons please
if you will...thanks a lot

Old July 24th 05, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Bad Humor Man

"Troggy" wrote in message
i am thinking of getting one of these ( possible the full set

option)..does
anyone have any experience of it, is it good or bad, pro's and cons please
if you will...thanks a lot

Yoo mean a Cadillac front grill bein' used for road kill bbq? Heck we dun
that in Alabama for years!
But buyin the whole car with all the options..I dunno.
Seems to me a wire strung across a pit would do the same thing.

Old July 24th 05, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Miller

"Troggy" wrote in message
i am thinking of getting one of these ( possible the full set option)..does
anyone have any experience of it, is it good or bad, pro's and cons please
if you will...thanks a lot

I've had a Cadac for a couple of years (unfortunately the older model with
heavier legs). I've used the wok pan a couple of times (stir-fry, risotto),
the BBQ grill once and at all other times, I use the ribbed grill plate
because it creates little mess, cooks the food perfectly without the
blackening you get on "proper" BBQs and is relatively easy to clean. Guess
I'm getting lazier as I get older! The reverse (flat) side of the ribbed
plate does bacon & eggs a treat but the eggs tend to spread a long way if
the grill isn't perfectly level although some of those ring things would
solve this. In the Dordogne we managed to cook 6 duck breasts on the ribbed
plate and fried cubed potatoes in the copious amounts of fat that ran into
the channel around the plate - scrumptious! We have also cooked a chicken
using the BBQ grill plate and the lid - works quite well but a bit slow.

Main drawback is that the full set is quite heavy and bulky but it is easy
to set up and dismantle. We stick it in the boot when we go caravanning and
then bring it home to use in the garden when the weather permits.

HTH

John Miller

Old July 25th 05, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mathew J. Newton

John Miller wrote:
"Troggy" wrote in message
[...]

I'd echo all of this and can highly recommend them. We've got the new
'Eazi Grill' which appears to have benefitted from a number of product
refinements including it being relatively lightweight (I think the
Carri Chef (sp?) is even lighter) and also no longer suffers from the
flame blowing out in high wind like some of the old models use to (this
appears to have been achieved by moving the air intake to beneath the
injector.

We bought ours as a replacement for a portable gas BBQ for camping - we
had some reservations that we'd no longer enjoy the 'BBQ taste' but the
heat deflector does as good a job as hot coals in terms of producing a
smoked taste from burning fat. What's more, it was highly preferential
not to have flare-ups and the the deflector does a superb job a
channeling excess fat to the outer pan - the entire lot lifts out so is
a doddle to carry to the washing-up facilities to clean.

All-in-all a superb piece of kit in my opinion; it certainly feels like
it's going to last. We're looking at some of the 'extras' from the
higher model (skottle pan, lid etc) and whilst they do come at a price
I'm sure this is a reflection of their (high) quality.

Mathew

Old July 28th 05, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Would recommend it without doubt.

Not a good investment if your on a diet though :-)

Old August 1st 05, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Spanner

just used mine for three weeks in france, wouldnt be without it , never
cooked once inside the van and the wok made cracking chips sorry french
fries