Washing up

Old July 25th 05, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Default Washing up

A request from my good lady wife has stumped me.

She used to have a smallish fold-away box with a handle to carry the
washing up down to the thingummy which gave up the ghost on our last
trip and so she had to use a box without a handle - or more important I
had to use it as it was "too awkward!"

An ideal thing might me a supermarket wire / plastic basket but I do not
want to appear in front of the Beak accused of theft.

Has anyone any idea of a suitable alternative - or where I could get
hold of such as basket?
--
John
Old July 25th 05, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:57 +0100, John wrote:

| A request from my good lady wife has stumped me.
|
| She used to have a smallish fold-away box with a handle to carry the
| washing up down to the thingummy which gave up the ghost on our last
| trip and so she had to use a box without a handle - or more important I
| had to use it as it was "too awkward!"
|
| An ideal thing might me a supermarket wire / plastic basket but I do not
| want to appear in front of the Beak accused of theft.
|
| Has anyone any idea of a suitable alternative - or where I could get
| hold of such as basket?

Lidl sold them a few weeks ago, there are non left at our local Lidl, but
things come round again after a few months.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old July 25th 05, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old July 25th 05, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"John" wrote in message
A request from my good lady wife has stumped me.

She used to have a smallish fold-away box with a handle to carry the
washing up down to the thingummy which gave up the ghost on our last trip
and so she had to use a box without a handle - or more important I had to
use it as it was "too awkward!"

An ideal thing might me a supermarket wire / plastic basket but I do not
want to appear in front of the Beak accused of theft.

snip

I reckon with a wire basket you will get drips all over you ...... sometimes
on both trips (there and back)

Richard

Old July 25th 05, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Anne

"John" wrote in message
A request from my good lady wife has stumped me.

She used to have a smallish fold-away box with a handle to carry the
washing up down to the thingummy which gave up the ghost on our last
trip and so she had to use a box without a handle - or more important I
had to use it as it was "too awkward!"

An ideal thing might me a supermarket wire / plastic basket but I do not
want to appear in front of the Beak accused of theft.

Has anyone any idea of a suitable alternative - or where I could get
hold of such as basket?
--
John

Sainsbury's do a basket similar to the ones that you use in store only
difference being that they have a lid and you buy them.
They are usually located near the store door and i think the idea is that
you buy one, collect your goods, pay for them then repack into it to put in
your car.
Anne

Old July 25th 05, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"John" wrote in message
A request from my good lady wife has stumped me.

She used to have a smallish fold-away box with a handle to carry the
washing up down to the thingummy which gave up the ghost on our last trip
and so she had to use a box without a handle - or more important I had to
use it as it was "too awkward!"

An ideal thing might me a supermarket wire / plastic basket but I do not
want to appear in front of the Beak accused of theft.

Has anyone any idea of a suitable alternative - or where I could get hold
of such as basket?
--
John

Spouse uses two large carrier bags - one for out, one for in. He hasn't had
any breakages yet.

We rarely use public facilities for washing up though, it's rarely
worthwhile You can do it in the tent or 'van in the time it takes to pack,
walk to the facilities, re-pack and walk back.

Mary

Old July 25th 05, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dudley Simons

Spouse uses two large carrier bags - one for out, one for in. He hasn't had
any breakages yet.

We rarely use public facilities for washing up though, it's rarely
worthwhile You can do it in the tent or 'van in the time it takes to pack,
walk to the facilities, re-pack and walk back.

Mary

getting off the original subject a bit now but......

Often when we are camping I don't like using the public facillities at
some sites as they can get a bit grim by the end of the day )

We have a couple of trays (the tin ones as used in pubs in days gone by
are perfect) and we use these as draining boards. The lip is ideal to
stop things slipping and sliding off the tray. Rather than waiting an
age to heat up enough water to do the washing, muggins here is sent to
fetch hot water - a Tescos 5 litre mineral water bottle is ideal as it
has a carrying loop on the neck (no burnt fingers carrying the bottle)
and at a quid each they are cheap enough to throw away at the end of the
week. Another ruse is to go and get the water before you are ready to
eat to avoid the queues to get to the sinks, then just wrap a towel
around the bottle and it will stay hot for half an hour or more.

regards

Dudley