Best time to buy?

Old July 28th 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Another Dave

Default Best time to buy?

I'm looking to buy a 2-berth with end washroom, 1,000kg or less,
4-5,000. I'm not in a rush. When's the best time to buy? I haven't
currently got a caravan, so selling/part-ex isn't an issue.

Another Dave.

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address
Old July 28th 05, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Another Dave" wrote in message
I'm looking to buy a 2-berth with end washroom, 1,000kg or less, 4-5,000.
I'm not in a rush. When's the best time to buy? I haven't currently got a
caravan, so selling/part-ex isn't an issue.

Anytime OK really.
Dealers sell all year round. I suppose private people will think about sell
at the start of the season.
You say no p/x at a dealer so like buying a car you should get a price
reduction, maybe up to 1000.

Please reply to News Group

Old July 28th 05, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

"Another Dave" wrote in message
I'm looking to buy a 2-berth with end washroom, 1,000kg or less, 4-5,000.
I'm not in a rush. When's the best time to buy? I haven't currently got a
caravan, so selling/part-ex isn't an issue.

September in Germany, you'll get a lot more van for your money.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 28th 05, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Another Dave

Andy R wrote:

September in Germany, you'll get a lot more van for your money.

Eh? I hadn't thought of that. I don't require an oven so it's a
possibility. Bearing in mind the weight limitation where do I start? Any
links?

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address

Old July 28th 05, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andy R

Andy R wrote:

September in Germany, you'll get a lot more van for your money.

Eh? I hadn't thought of that. I don't require an oven so it's a
possibility. Bearing in mind the weight limitation where do I start? Any
links?

Start at www.mobile.de, click the second button down 'Wohnmobile & wagen
suchen' then search for kategorie 'Wohnwagen' and put a price range in of
7000-8000 Eur. You'll be amazed what's there Dethleffs, Hymers, Burstners
etc., all vans that don't leak and last forever. When you buy a van
inGermany you get a document a bit like Title Deeds to prove ownership and
AIUI the caravan has a type of annual MOT meaning it'll tend to be regularly
serviced. You'll need to research it more, I'm sure there are others around
who've actually done this. AIUI the main thing to beware of is the width on
some vans, there are lots of Hobbys and others which, although legal to pull
in Germany, are too wide for a normal car in the UK. You wouldn't want one
of these big vans anyway cos as soon as you park it on the driveway it'll be
stolen by a passing pikey.

Rgds

Andy R

Old July 28th 05, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lex M

Another Dave wrote in news:3krnvdFvkfpvU1
@individual.net:

Eh? I hadn't thought of that. I don't require an oven so it's a
possibility. Bearing in mind the weight limitation where do I start? Any
links?

Another Dave

In that case, why not take a look at http://biod.net ?
For an ever lasting seamless polyester caravan for less money and the door on
the right side ;-)
All 350 models have a maximum loaden mass less then 1000 kg.
The early 400 models have a maximum loaden mass of 1000 kg.
It is in Dutch, but don't hesitate to ask for help.

--
Regards, Lex
http://biod.net

Posted by news://news.nb.nu