Replacing ends on Isabella fibreglass poles.

Old July 28th 05, 10:09 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Default Replacing ends on Isabella fibreglass poles.

Hi all,

I need to replace the ends on a couple of Isabella fibreglass poles and need
some advice on the correct technique.

The pole ends in question have a plastic "T" which you insert into a "Y"
plastic corner piece and rotate 90degrees to lock in place. The "T's" have
become damaged and I need to replace the ends.

How do you get these ends on and off, do the need to be heated to remove and
do the new ends need gluing?

Any help appreciate.

Paul

Old July 29th 05, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 22:09:24 GMT, "Paul Westwell"
wrote:

Hi all,

I need to replace the ends on a couple of Isabella fibreglass poles and need
some advice on the correct technique.

The pole ends in question have a plastic "T" which you insert into a "Y"
plastic corner piece and rotate 90degrees to lock in place. The "T's" have
become damaged and I need to replace the ends.

How do you get these ends on and off, do the need to be heated to remove and
do the new ends need gluing?

Any help appreciate.

They are just a push fit , if you have trouble removing them use a
hacksaw to slit the plastic fitting & you can tap the new one on with
a soft head hammer.

Lenny

Old July 29th 05, 01:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

Hi Paul

I had exactly the same problem with my poles. They are fairly easy to
get of, I cut a slot in the offending joint with a hacksaw length wise
to weaken it's grip and then twisted it of with a pair of mole grips.
The replacements I got from http://www.waudbys.co.uk/ purely because
they had photos so I was sure I was buying what I needed.

Bob

Old July 29th 05, 07:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Westwell

Thanks for your help guy's, much appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

oups.com...

Old August 3rd 05, 12:19 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

All you require to remove the p[astic fittings onthe ends of fibreglass
poles is a length of dowel, a few inches longer than the damaged pole,slide
it inside, hold the pole & smack the dowel protruding from the end of the
pole on the ground and the damaged plastic fitting will be pushed off, then
the new fitting is just a push-fit. No adhesives are used, just a "tight
fit" may require a gentle tap with a rubber mallet!
Tankie