Overnight in Portsmouth

Old July 29th 05, 05:56 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

Default Overnight in Portsmouth

I'm catching a ferry to France at the end of August and have to be in
Portsmouth for 8.00 in the morning. I have 2 choices, either leave
home at between 2 and 3am or travel down on Friday night and stay
overnight somewhere. Does anyone know if you are allowed to park up
overnight in the ferry port car park and sleep in your caravan?

....Ludwig
Old July 29th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Joe R

Not Really, no room.
When we travel at that time in the morning from Portsmouth, we tend to
stay at the Rooksbury CC in their overnight section ( Does have hook
ups Etc ) If you left at about 0700hrs you would get thier with time
to spare. Ferry port is about 7 - 9 miles from the site.

Excellent site and location, used by Ferry travellers on a daily
basis.

Joe R

Old July 29th 05, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Joe R wrote:
Not Really, no room.
When we travel at that time in the morning from Portsmouth, we tend to
stay at the Rooksbury CC in their overnight section ( Does have hook
ups Etc ) If you left at about 0700hrs you would get thier with time
to spare. Ferry port is about 7 - 9 miles from the site.

Excellent site and location, used by Ferry travellers on a daily
basis.

Joe R

I'm catching a ferry to France at the end of August and have to be in
Portsmouth for 8.00 in the morning. I have 2 choices, either leave
home at between 2 and 3am or travel down on Friday night and stay
overnight somewhere. Does anyone know if you are allowed to park up
overnight in the ferry port car park and sleep in your caravan?

...Ludwig

last times we have been via Portsmouth we have arrived after the last
night boats have loaded, about 11:00pm and parked up in the waiting
lanes, remained hooked up and put the back legs down, leave a window
slightly open so you can hear the tannoy warning drivers to go to office
to collect boarding passes, never had a problem with it. Martin McGowan

Old July 30th 05, 06:15 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:25:05 GMT, Martin McGowan
wrote:

Joe R wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the advise guys.

....Ludwig