Been and gone and done it!

Old August 1st 05, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

Default Been and gone and done it!

Well, after reading all the various bits of advice on this ng,
traipsing around dealers, and combing the web and the classified ads
for a few weeks, I have now become a caravanner!
I was looking for an oldish, cheap van for starting out, but seemingly
promising ads led nowhere much, or the 'van was sold before I rang up,
or I wasn't happy with the bona fides for several reasons; and the
dealers' wares were pretty tatty at the lower end of the price range,
or downright disgusting in a few cases. Then I came across an ad in
the local caravan accessory shop, and went to view. So I'm now the
proud owner of a well cared for 80s Safari caravan in lovely condition
- previous owners being avid and experienced caravanners with lots of
useful advice, and a pleasure to meet.
In a few days time we hit the road!

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
Old August 1st 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helen K

Have fun!!! We all do

Cheers Helen K

Old August 1st 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Helen K

Have fun!!! We all do

Cheers Helen K

Old August 1st 05, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Paul Rooney" wrote in message
Well, after reading all the various bits of advice on this ng,
traipsing around dealers, and combing the web and the classified ads
for a few weeks, I have now become a caravanner!
I was looking for an oldish, cheap van for starting out, but seemingly
promising ads led nowhere much, or the 'van was sold before I rang up,
or I wasn't happy with the bona fides for several reasons; and the
dealers' wares were pretty tatty at the lower end of the price range,
or downright disgusting in a few cases. Then I came across an ad in
the local caravan accessory shop, and went to view. So I'm now the
proud owner of a well cared for 80s Safari caravan in lovely condition
- previous owners being avid and experienced caravanners with lots of
useful advice, and a pleasure to meet.
In a few days time we hit the road!

Well done!

Stay with us :-)

Mary

Old August 1st 05, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul - xxx

Paul Rooney came up with the following;:
So I'm now the
proud owner of a well cared for 80s Safari caravan in lovely condition
- previous owners being avid and experienced caravanners with lots of
useful advice, and a pleasure to meet.
In a few days time we hit the road!

Nice one.

Let us know how it goes, warts and all ...

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old August 1st 05, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

.. So I'm now the proud owner of a well cared for 80s Safari caravan in
lovely condition
- previous owners being avid and experienced caravanners with lots of
useful advice, and a pleasure to meet.
In a few days time we hit the road!

Excellent well built & heavy caravans.
Wot you intend to tow with?
DaveK.

Old August 2nd 05, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gwen

Our second van was a 80s Safari, she was beautiful and built with
class. The only reason we traded her in was because she was not big
enough for the grandchildren and dogs.

I'm sure you're going to have many happy times out and about.

You might or might not be interested, but there is a safari classic
club.

Happy caravanning!