Volvo V40 1.9D Estate electrics.

Old August 2nd 05, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary

Default Volvo V40 1.9D Estate electrics.

Hello there.

I have a 2001 Volvo and it states in the owners handbook that
electrics must come off the towplug which is in the car to avoid bulb
failure sensor etc

Where is this plug in the car? there are a couple of spare plugs in
the boot area but hardly look capable of handling towbar electrics.

Any of you had one?

TIA
Old August 3rd 05, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

According to my '96 Wiring Book there is no connector for towing electrics.
This must be a later addition. Going by the 940/960 estates there should be
a 10 pin connector at the rear, possibly in the left hand below floor cubby
hole. The wiring may look thin but is of the correct rating for the job. The
thickest wire is the feed from the battery and the next thickest wire is the
Ignition "on" feed. The connector should be of similar design to the
tailgate lighting harness connector.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper,
Volvo Owners Club (UK).

Old August 3rd 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gary

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 00:03:58 +0000 (UTC), "Peter K L Milnes"
wrote:

According to my '96 Wiring Book there is no connector for towing electrics.

It is a 2001 Diesel so I guess they have changed. I just contacted
Volvo parts to see what was contained in the towbar wiring kit and
relays etc are included therefore I cant just plug and go into their
sockets I may as well just use the aftermarket wiring kit and do the
relays as well.

Thanks .