Camping Le- Ty-Nadan - Brittany

Old August 2nd 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Fergie

Default Camping Le- Ty-Nadan - Brittany

Hi All,

Just back from Brittany and thought i'd tell you about camping ty-Nadan , a
Castels site outside Quimperle.

This site has all the facilities, climbing, canoeing, archery, horses,
restaurant, 'animations' .. but you need to know about the pitches.

unless you can erect your awining on top of your van , watch out. We
requested a large pitch, next to friends, and we got a large pitch, but our
friends got a really small one .. and we both got charged an extra ?30 each
for the priveledge of being near each other. Due to weather their pitch was
permanently in 2" of water .. and the site did nothing .. cost per pitch is
?42 .. but if you have 2 kids then this builds to ?58 .. thats 44 per
night !.

for 44 per night we expected super pitches .. we got :

water was 100 yards away
there is no drainaige anywhere on site .. you have to empy down the loos
showers were luke warm
washing up sinks were luke warm

loos however were spotless .. but situated amongst statics / perma huts ..
not tents of vans ! They have some good bands on at night ... however the
volume echo's around the valley .. so best stay up to 23:30 and join in as
you wont get to sleep before 23:30.

all the actvities are additional ? for example 40 minutes of archery is ?9.
Safety is not important in France it seems .. we went kayaking and when we
requested helmets we were told 'non'. For archery they dont give you wrist
protectors .. one wee lad burnt his arm when the twine snapped onto his
wrist !.

In summary .. this site has it all for the active familly .. but at one hell
of a cost. They are only interested in money and this is reflected in site
layout and pure caravanning facilities.

regards

Graham