permanent pitches

Old August 11th 03, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roger Mills

Default permanent pitches

"Prof Rollerball" wrote in message
Hi!

We are hoping to get a caravan (and a secondhand Discovery to pull it).
A question re. storage; - Do many campsites offer small permanent pitches
where caravans can be kept when not touring? What sort of annual rent

would
one expect to pay for a modest pitch (Somerset / Wiltshire border area)

I'm
thinking of something bigger than close-packed storage, so that the van

can
be used in situ from time to time?

Cheers, Rick

Don't know about the Somerset/Wiltshire border, but move eastwards a bit to
Hampshire - and the Forestry Commission have a limited number of "seasonal"
pitches on some of their campsites in the New Forest. This covers a period
of about six months. I forget the price, but I think it is equivalent to
abouts 3 night's normal camping per week - so you'd need to actually use the
van quite a lot to get value for money.

Incidentally, if the van is going to stay put most of the time, do you
*really* need a Disco to pull it?

Roger

Old August 13th 03, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Prof Rollerball

Hi!

We would use the caravan quite a lot, but I was wondering about a permanent
pitch to keep it on until we can afford alter our driveway.
Do I need a Disco to pull the caravan? Possibly not, but I'm looking at the
situation through the other end of the telescope. I'm a bit of a Land Rover
nut and I'm intending to get a Disco anyway! It'll replace our land Rover
90 AND a VW Golf. Given that I'm getting this Disco anyway, the idea of
getting a caravan too appeals, especially as I've just taken our big tent to
the tip (rotten canvas).

Cheers, RB