Route planner

Old August 2nd 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Default Route planner

I am looking for a good online route planner, the two well known ones I have
used have been disappointing as they were not up- to-date and sent us up
narrow local roads, fortunately the caravan club book warned us against
using that particular approach and I got the map out and chose another route
as we were lost by then..The 2005 map was out-of-date as well, I expect none
of them can keep up with latest info. One where I could choose caravan
route would be ideal.
Liz

Old August 2nd 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Thanks at least it gives you simple directions without a lot of symbols
which you can't decipher
Liz

Old August 2nd 05, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Old August 2nd 05, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Steve Parry

liz hall" "remove the spam fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/pla...jsp?database=B

--
Steve Parry
K100RS SE & F650

(not forgetting the SK90PY)

http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Old August 3rd 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
rob_jax

Have you tried www.viamichelin.com and set the preferences for "prefer
motorways"?

Robert

Old August 3rd 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
rob_jax

Old August 3rd 05, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

No I have not tried that one, thanks, the problem is the last bit of the
journey where you get into local roads, it seems we will have to check with
caravan club book for last part of journey. I thought I heard mention of a
site where you could put in 'caravan preference'.
Liz

Old August 3rd 05, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Lander

Try,

www.getmethere.co.uk

http://mappoint.msn.com

This one puts you along unsuitable roads:-
www.mapquest.com directions/europe.adp
so do's this:- www.mappy.co.uk

Pete
(Looking north towards the Crooked Spire)
"SPIREPANTRY DONT WORK ANYMORE"