Electrics

Old August 3rd 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

Default Electrics

Right - there are two switches, one for mains and one for battery. I
plug into the mains at home, and the mains switch lights up when I put
it to the on position. But do I also need the battery switch to be in
the on position, or should this be turned off?

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone
Old August 3rd 05, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Paul Rooney wrote:
Right - there are two switches, one for mains and one for battery. I
plug into the mains at home, and the mains switch lights up when I put
it to the on position. But do I also need the battery switch to be in
the on position, or should this be turned off?

are we talking about the fridge? if so the only time your 12 volt switch
will draw power is when your caravan is hooked up to your car and you
are towing, so it doesn't matter. If it is something else come back and
tell us. Martin McGowan

Old August 3rd 05, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Paul Rooney

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 21:11:30 GMT, Martin McGowan
wrote:

Paul Rooney wrote:
Right - there are two switches, one for mains and one for battery. I
plug into the mains at home, and the mains switch lights up when I put
it to the on position. But do I also need the battery switch to be in
the on position, or should this be turned off?

are we talking about the fridge? if so the only time your 12 volt switch
will draw power is when your caravan is hooked up to your car and you
are towing, so it doesn't matter. If it is something else come back and
tell us. Martin McGowan

It's OK - I have it figured out now (the manual is a bit obscure).
Thanks anyway, Martin.

"I always knew the entire Green party were nutters" - Ken Livingstone

Old August 4th 05, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

"Martin McGowan" wrote in message
Paul Rooney wrote:
Right - there are two switches, one for mains and one for battery. I
plug into the mains at home, and the mains switch lights up when I put
it to the on position. But do I also need the battery switch to be in
the on position, or should this be turned off?

are we talking about the fridge? if so the only time your 12 volt switch
will draw power is when your caravan is hooked up to your car and you
are towing, so it doesn't matter. If it is something else come back and
tell us. Martin McGowan

My fridge (Electrolux) works of the battery \ gas \ mains electric as I am
sure most other caravan fridges do...

Old August 4th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David @ Home

Paul Rooney wrote:
Right - there are two switches, one for mains and one for battery. I
plug into the mains at home, and the mains switch lights up when I put
it to the on position. But do I also need the battery switch to be in
the on position, or should this be turned off?

are we talking about the fridge? if so the only time your 12 volt switch
will draw power is when your caravan is hooked up to your car and you
are towing, so it doesn't matter. If it is something else come back and
tell us. Martin McGowan

My fridge (Electrolux) works of the battery \ gas \ mains electric as I am
sure most other caravan fridges do...

Well, it shouldn't.

The 12V setting is designed for running only from the car. If its running
from the battery you have a wiring fault somewhere.

Cheers

Old August 5th 05, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
etomd

Paul Rooney wrote:
[...]

OOP's I forgot the fridge runs on gas when in a field. (Sorry, sorry,
sorry, sorry my humble apologies )