Suggestions requested

Old August 4th 05, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter Maddern

Default Suggestions requested

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a new 2005 van with fixed bed and
awning thrown in for 12,000 max? Or am I in cloud cuckoo land? Any
recommendations on suitable models with dealers? I only know that you can
get a new Bailey Pageant Vendee or Bordeaux with fixed beds for under 12k
but no awning. Are the dealers out there in the current sales climate
willing to do deals like throwing in a free awning?

What about taking a trip to the Continent to buy a new one? Is that a good
cost saver these days?

Peter

Old August 4th 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Peter Maddern" wrote in
:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a new 2005 van with fixed bed
and awning thrown in for 12,000 max? Or am I in cloud cuckoo land?
Any recommendations on suitable models with dealers? I only know that
you can get a new Bailey Pageant Vendee or Bordeaux with fixed beds
for under 12k but no awning. Are the dealers out there in the current
sales climate willing to do deals like throwing in a free awning?

Just checking prices:

Bailey Pageant Bordeaux: 11,615
Dorema Polaris awning (size 13): 370

Total: 11,985

The awning is listed on Waudby's
(http://www.waudbysawnings.co.uk/prod...a_awnings.html) and is
Dorema's "entry-level" model with steel poles.

However, even the caravan comes in over your budget when you take the
retailer delivery charge (an extra 405) into account.

Somewhat cheaper is the Adria Altea 432PX at 8,295 on the road. This is
a "basic" fixed-bed caravan, albeit with the door on the offside. I'm not
sure about the awning - but I'd be surprised if the size was larger than
the Pageant Bordeaux. So, that's the lot for just over nine grand.

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old August 4th 05, 11:17 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Peter Maddern" wrote in message
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a new 2005 van with fixed bed and
awning thrown in for 12,000 max? Or am I in cloud cuckoo land? Any
recommendations on suitable models with dealers? I only know that you can
get a new Bailey Pageant Vendee or Bordeaux with fixed beds for under 12k
but no awning. Are the dealers out there in the current sales climate
willing to do deals like throwing in a free awning?

If the Bailey mentioned suits you I would get the best price you can and buy
it.
Bailey limit production and would have thought to get a model of ones choice
you would have to have a delivery next year.
Well we are now late summer and dealers will be starting wanting to get rid
of this years unsold stock and display models.
I would look for an awning from dealers who sell via the Internet, I saved a
few hundred pounds buying a 'Last years model'. Many dealers will sell S/h
ones, but watch you are not paying more than a new one on the internet.
Going back to subject a dealer throwing in an awning will take cost out of
your discount, its swings and rounabouts.

Please reply to News Group

Old August 4th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 10:40:36 +0000 (UTC), "Peter Maddern"
wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a new 2005 van with fixed bed and
awning thrown in for 12,000 max? Or am I in cloud cuckoo land? Any
recommendations on suitable models with dealers? I only know that you can
get a new Bailey Pageant Vendee or Bordeaux with fixed beds for under 12k
but no awning. Are the dealers out there in the current sales climate
willing to do deals like throwing in a free awning?

What about taking a trip to the Continent to buy a new one? Is that a good
cost saver these days?

Peter

Quite a few of us in this group have brought vans from Germany,
mainly Hobby's. expect savings of 30 - 40%.

Do search on Google groups for 'Hobby Caravans', you will fing loads
of info.
Take a look at http://www.joeressen.de/ this is where most of us
brought from.

Lenny

Old August 5th 05, 05:58 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

wrote:

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a new 2005 van with fixed bed and
awning thrown in for 12,000 max? Or am I in cloud cuckoo land? Any
recommendations on suitable models with dealers? I only know that you can
get a new Bailey Pageant Vendee or Bordeaux with fixed beds for under 12k
but no awning. Are the dealers out there in the current sales climate
willing to do deals like throwing in a free awning?

What about taking a trip to the Continent to buy a new one? Is that a good
cost saver these days?

We were going to buy a Swift Challenger 550 4 berth with a fixed
double bed for around 11000 from Lowdham Leisure World. We opted for
a 6 berth with fixed bunks at the back in the end as we decided the
extra space would be more important than the fixed double bed. There
was no awning thrown in with the Swift but at 11000 you'd have plenty
of change to buy the awning of your choice.

....Ludwig

Old August 6th 05, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les

try JG Trading in dumfriesshire tel 01461 40978 not all that much dearer
than germany but less assle