AQUAROLLS. NO MORE WET FEET

Old August 5th 05, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default AQUAROLLS. NO MORE WET FEET

AQUAROLLS. NO MORE WET FEET
No more wet feet when filling your Aquaroll. Take a piece of house hold
waste pipe about 2 to 2.5 feet long. Through one end drill a hole just wide
enough to take a single strand of electrical cable and tie it through to
make a loop. Place one end into aquaroll the other (wired end) over the tap
and loop around the handle. You can then turn tap on at full pressure and it
won't come off. Its as easy as that.

Old August 6th 05, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave Dew

"Ticker" wrote in message
.uk...
AQUAROLLS. NO MORE WET FEET
No more wet feet when filling your Aquaroll. Take a piece of house hold
waste pipe about 2 to 2.5 feet long. Through one end drill a hole just

wide
enough to take a single strand of electrical cable and tie it through to
make a loop. Place one end into aquaroll the other (wired end) over the

tap
and loop around the handle. You can then turn tap on at full pressure and

it
won't come off. Its as easy as that.

Ticker,

A very useful tip and I think you will find most of us here have been doing
something similar for years, but it is well worth repeating. I have two
different lengths of tubing, one long the other short. Covers most
situations. There is a loop of nylon cord taped on the end of each with one
of those spring adjusters you find on the drawstrings on anoraks and the
like. This makes it easy to fit over various size taps and other water
outlets.

Regards.

Dave.

Old August 8th 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

We keep two. They were bought from a local hardware store as filler
hoses for the old type of toploader washing machine, are about 1m long
and have a soft rubber funnel on one end that pushes over the tap.
We've never felt the need for cables, wires, clips and the like. The
two are different colours - one clear, one blue. The clear is for
filling the Aquaroll, the blue I take with me for hosing out the
Thetford cassette and any other "foul water" purposes. This lives in
the front locker at all times, the clear one in the shower tray while
in storage or on the road, and in the "other half" of the gas locker
when on site, for convenience. We sterilise them both every trip in
Milton and have never had any problems. One of those dead simple and
very cheap accessories that save tons of hassle. Good tip.

Dave P

Old August 9th 05, 10:02 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

wrote in message
oups.com...
We keep two. They were bought from a local hardware store as filler
hoses for the old type of toploader washing machine, are about 1m long
and have a soft rubber funnel on one end that pushes over the tap.

Trouble is the rubber squashy funnel bit gets mucky and disintigrates. They
don't fit all taps-especially abroad.
OP is recommending rigid pipe, which is an excellent idea (been using one
for years).
My van has an onboard pump, so there's no unit on the end of the suction
pipe.
I put the flexible suction pipe down the inside of the rigid pipe in the
Aquaroll. Ensures the flexipipe is always at the bottom of the tank-it's a
good place to store it too.
DaveK.