jockey wheel lock

Old August 5th 05, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
heather

Default jockey wheel lock

Hello everyone. Is there such a thing as a jockey wheel lock, like a
hitch lock to stop thieves making off with it? If so, any ideas where
to get a cheap second-hand one (also need a hitchlock and locking
wheelnuts?) All help much appreciated. Thanks.

Old August 5th 05, 07:58 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On 5 Aug 2005 12:15:51 -0700, "heather"
wrote:

Hello everyone. Is there such a thing as a jockey wheel lock, like a
hitch lock to stop thieves making off with it? If so, any ideas where
to get a cheap second-hand one (also need a hitchlock and locking
wheelnuts?) All help much appreciated. Thanks.

Don't know where you live but if they are going to make off with your
jocky wheel it's not a place I would want to live.

Lenny

Old August 5th 05, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Thornber

In message , Lenny
writes
wrote:

Hello everyone. Is there such a thing as a jockey wheel lock, like a
hitch lock to stop thieves making off with it? If so, any ideas where
to get a cheap second-hand one (also need a hitchlock and locking
wheelnuts?) All help much appreciated. Thanks.

Don't know where you live but if they are going to make off with your
jocky wheel it's not a place I would want to live.

If the 'van is in storage, then any easily removable part appears to be
fair game. There have been a few jockey wheels nicked from our storage
site - they seem to be a popular item. Ours wasn't one of them (well
not yet, anyway) and the only thing we've had nicked to date is one of
the winter covers for the fridge vents. It's all well and good having
huge fences and barbed wire, but when the crooks have a key to the site
(because they store their own 'vans on there) you're knackered.
--
David Thornber

Old August 6th 05, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Diane Epps

"David Thornber" wrote in message
news:[email protected] eranews...
In message , Lenny
writes
wrote:

Hello everyone. Is there such a thing as a jockey wheel lock, like a
hitch lock to stop thieves making off with it? If so, any ideas where
to get a cheap second-hand one (also need a hitchlock and locking
wheelnuts?) All help much appreciated. Thanks.

We always take the jockey wheel off and store it inside the van when it is
stored.

Old August 15th 05, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Christian McArdle

Hello everyone. Is there such a thing as a jockey wheel lock, like a
hitch lock to stop thieves making off with it? If so, any ideas where
to get a cheap second-hand one (also need a hitchlock and locking
wheelnuts?) All help much appreciated. Thanks.

I got a jockey wheel for pence from B&Q. Cheap and cheerful, but works.

Christian.