Help please :MORCO WATER HEATER

Old August 10th 05, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

Default Help please :MORCO WATER HEATER

Hi All,

Could use some help with my water heater.

Van is a 84 Compass Commadore 420/2 SE
Water Heater is a MORCO SH-180

Problem is :-FFD is not holding
Fault traced to sealed switch (on bottom l/h side of water tank).

FFD is giving 5ma up to sealed switch inline connector but nothing
out the other side. The sealed switch is showing continuity so
therefore I should see 5ma at the other side but i don't.

If I bridge the inline connector then the FFD feeds to the solenoid
in the gas valve and all workds OK.

Question:

What is the sealed switch for ? Is it a water pressure switch.?
could I by pass it ?

I realy do not want to change the heater as I am trying to keep the
van as original as poss.

Thanks for any help

John

john at twws dot gotadsl dot co dot uk
Old August 10th 05, 12:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
clive

"Long tall ugly" wrote in message
[...]

I think you may have some errors in your information.

You say 5mA to the switch. To get a current reading your meter needs to be
connected in series. You'll only get a current reading when current flows...
to an item like a lamp or a valve, or even a fault.

I think you need to re-test using a voltage setting (connecting in
parallel), and measure for voltage to the switch, and leaving the switch.

You can use an ammeter (amps not volts) to see if you have an output from
your thermocouple when heated.

Old August 10th 05, 12:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:07 +0100, Long tall ugly
wrote:
Thanks for the reply Clive,

Sorry didn't make myself clear...I tested the thermocouple 'in series
to ground ' to establish the current...I'm thinking that the sealed
switch, though showing no resistance, is leaking off the current from
the thermo couple.

John