Gas cylinder's. Where from?

Old August 10th 05, 03:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Another Dave

Default Gas cylinder's. Where from?

I've just bought a lightweight 2-berth and the salesman said I could get
a Calor or Campingaz cylinder from a local council tip by slipping the
man a fiver. So far (I've tried three tips) no luck. Any other suggestions?
I'm in south-east Cheshire.

Another Dave.

--
Change nospam to webtribe in e-mail address
Old August 10th 05, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Another Dave wrote:

I've just bought a lightweight 2-berth and the salesman said I could
get
a Calor or Campingaz cylinder from a local council tip by slipping the
man a fiver. So far (I've tried three tips) no luck. Any other
suggestions? I'm in south-east Cheshire.

Another Dave.

A Calor Gas dealer? g

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old August 10th 05, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mr X

In article , Another Dave
writes

I've just bought a lightweight 2-berth and the salesman said I could get
a Calor or Campingaz cylinder from a local council tip by slipping the
man a fiver. So far (I've tried three tips) no luck. Any other suggestions?
I'm in south-east Cheshire.

Another Dave.

Try ebay
--
Mr X

Old August 10th 05, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

.. So far (I've tried three tips) no luck. Any other suggestions?
I'm in south-east Cheshire.

Calor gas bottles are rented so they always belong to Calor. I think the
start agreement is about 38. As time goes the value is reduced so if you
hand it in for a refund they'll only pay out a couple of quid.
I organise Calor supplies on a campsite and they will swap any size for any
other size except for the small caravan bottles.
The council dump as a source dried up years ago-most of them put all bottles
in a locked compound. Probably get some cash from the manufacturers.
DaveK.

Old August 10th 05, 08:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon GIBBS

I just bought a cylinder from the tip a few weeks ago. They have loads but
unfortunayely I am in Darlington. Try some other local tips.

Old August 10th 05, 09:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Capt. Flack

My local tip ( GCC - Cheltenham ) normally has them too, they are free to
collector ( if you ask nicely ).

How about trying again at your local tip on a Monday morning after the usual
weekend rush.