TOMTOM 5 SAT/NAV WITH WESTERN EUROPE FOR SALE

Old August 10th 05, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ticker

Default TOMTOM 5 SAT/NAV WITH WESTERN EUROPE FOR SALE

GENUINE TOMTOM VER 5 THE WHOLE OF WESTERN EUROPE IN GREAT DETAIL ON 5 CDs
With Manual on 6th CD

Check my feedback for Honesty 100%

HP IPAQ 2210 with a MASSIVE 1 GB on a SD CARD

WITH TOM TOM 5 With VOICE DIRECTIONS,

THE WHOLE OF EUROPE on 5x Cds With Certificate

GENUINE SOFTWARE, Also GENUINE TOMTOM GPS Wired

Reciever, Also A Large 4 inch rubber Windscreen mount made by RAM

HP IPAQ AND SOFTWARE ALL BOXED with all books and charger leads also
included is a LEATHER CASE

for the Hp Ipaq

HARDLY USED

TomTom 5

BRAND NEW acclaimed navigation software, TOMTOM NAVIGATOR 5, and HP?s iPAQ
2210 Pocket PC combined in the all-in-one in-car navigation system.

a.. NEW: FULL 7-DIGIT POSTCODE SEARCH
b.. car navigation system with HP iPAQ 2210 navigation software, maps,
GPS and car mount.

c.. Easy to use: simple touch screen operation, intuitive interface.

d.. Clear: sharp spoken route instructions and easy to read 3D maps.

e.. Up to Date maps: the very latest maps with excellent street number
coverage.

f.. Accurate: precise navigation from door-to-door.

g.. Portable: easy to take from one car to another.
h.. Thousands of points of interest in over 50 categories, including
hotels, car parks, restaurants, petrol stations, shops, parking and much
more.

i.. Route recalculation: avoid traffic congestion, roadwork, accidents or
any roads you don?t want to drive.

j.. High-performance GPS receiver.
k.. EMAIL

Old August 11th 05, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
liz hall

Sounds expensive, how much I might treat my son, just one question are these
units portable could we share it as family when we go away for instance.
Where do you live anywhere near Milton Keynes
Liz

Old August 12th 05, 06:43 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

"liz hall" "remove the spam" wrote in
message ...
Sounds expensive, how much I might treat my son, just one question are

these
units portable could we share it as family when we go away for instance.
Where do you live anywhere near Milton Keynes
Liz

For maximum portability between vehicles, I think it's best to go for a PDA
that has its own built-in GPS unit, such as the one at:

http://www.martleyelectronics.co.uk/speed.htm#mio

Or you can go for a standalone satnav system such as:

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?...&asource=TOMTO

I prefer the PDA option because a PDA can do other things as well satnav. I
use mine whenever I travel a fair distance, but when I pull the caravan, I
set waypoints on it to prevent it from taking me down narrow roads

I've tried several brands of route finding software, and I find that TomTom
Navigator suits me best. Not all satnav software lets you enter waypoints,
but TomTom does and I regard that as being essential

If you shop around, you can probably pick up a PDA with built in GPS TomTom
or a standalone satnav unit for less than 370. Not cheap, but well worth
the money in my view

You can also find loads of them on ebay for less than 200

Pete

Old August 12th 05, 07:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 06:43:41 GMT, "Pete"
wrote:

[...]

I prefer the dedicated TOMTOM 300 series, still portable, holds signal
when used walking easier than PDA types,cam add POIs the same as
a PDA.
I found the PDA would lock up some times..very anoying.

John

Old August 12th 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Pete

wrote:

[...]

I use my PDA when walking with no trouble and it never locks up

It is also a pretty powerful computer in its own right

Nevertheless, I agree that as a satnav system, any standalone unit will do
the job

Once you've decided on the system, the software is the next thing to
consider, and like you I prefer TomTom. I use a postcode overlay and speed
camera overlay software with mine

Pete