Lifting Ground Sheets

Old August 11th 05, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Harpic

Default Lifting Ground Sheets

Recently got a Bolon Awning Carpet (Posh Name)
Supposed to let the ground breathe, and reduce damage to the grass.

In order so as not to upset any Adolf Warden, or indeed any following
caravanner, My questions:-

Sites ask that we lift ground sheets periodically, so how often should one
raise the carpet and for how long?

Seems to me a lot of work, moving all the stuff, and having some days
without a ground sheet, Have I wasted my money?

Gerry

Old August 11th 05, 04:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
G. String

"Harpic" wrote in message
Recently got a Bolon Awning Carpet (Posh Name)
Supposed to let the ground breathe, and reduce damage to the grass.

In order so as not to upset any Adolf Warden, or indeed any following
caravanner, My questions:-

Sites ask that we lift ground sheets periodically, so how often should one
raise the carpet and for how long?

Seems to me a lot of work, moving all the stuff, and having some days
without a ground sheet, Have I wasted my money?

Gerry

===============================

*YES*

Old August 12th 05, 12:10 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

You have not wasted your money as a Bolon will let the grass breathe. The
grass doesn't even start to go yellow in 1 week. I had one with my Mardon
but now have a more superior product which is good for any surface. It costs
about 11 per metre at 8ft width. Available at most caravan dealers.

All the best, Peter.

Old August 13th 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

I have a breathable ground sheet not come across lifting.
But the holes let water up from the ground and had a nice lake in my awning
on a wet fortnight out.
Now put polythene decortators sheet under from pound shop, in wet weather.

Please reply to News Group