Vehicle suggestions

Old August 11th 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Default Vehicle suggestions

Hi all,

We're new to caravaning and need a cheap vehicle for towing. Looks /
comfort is not an issue so I thought about a Ford Transit van.

We've got 1500 max to play with, can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks....

I've heard it suggested that you'll be treated with the utmost suspicion -
or even turned away - if you turn up at a Caravan Club site with a large van
as your towcar.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old August 11th 05, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Hitch Lock" wrote in message

Hi all,

We're new to caravaning and need a cheap vehicle for towing. Looks /
comfort is not an issue so I thought about a Ford Transit van.

We've got 1500 max to play with, can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks....

I've heard it suggested that you'll be treated with the utmost suspicion -
or even turned away - if you turn up at a Caravan Club site with a large van
as your towcar.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock
______

Mate of mine's a Heating Engineer ( Plumber ) in Bradford he regularly goes away
with his twin Axle ' Van and Transit , he seldom has problems on Caravan Club
Sites , mind you it is new and ALL look tidy.

DieSea

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0532-3, 10/08/2005
Tested on: 11/08/2005 16:20:33

Old August 11th 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Roy

said the following on 11/08/2005 16:23:
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:16:25 +0100, "Hitch Lock"

Hi all,

We're new to caravaning and need a cheap vehicle for towing. Looks /
comfort is not an issue so I thought about a Ford Transit van.

We've got 1500 max to play with, can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks....

I've heard it suggested that you'll be treated with the utmost suspicion -
or even turned away - if you turn up at a Caravan Club site with a large van
as your towcar.

Why would that be?

Extract from a booking confirmation I received recently :-
'All bookings are accepted subject to the following conditions:-
*Being a touring, holiday site we do not accept anyone who will be
working from the site nor do we accept commercial vehicles or vans of
any type.'

Roy

Old August 11th 05, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:16:25 +0100, "Hitch Lock"

Hi all,

We're new to caravaning and need a cheap vehicle for towing. Looks
/ comfort is not an issue so I thought about a Ford Transit van.

We've got 1500 max to play with, can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks....

I've heard it suggested that you'll be treated with the utmost
suspicion - or even turned away - if you turn up at a Caravan Club
site with a large van as your towcar.

Why would that be?

Because they think you might be a "traveller". Apparently a lot of caravans
have 'disappeared' from sites behind big white vans.
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock