Vehicle suggestions

Old August 11th 05, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Long tall ugly

Default Vehicle suggestions

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:56:52 +0100, wrote:

I use an old 2.1diesel Espace...........nice tow car,loads of grunt
cheap on fuel..mind you depends on the size of caravan you choose as
to what type of vehicle you need.
(Espace seating turns into a nice dinning room or double bed if you
cannot be bothered to hitch up the van)

John

Hi all,

We're new to caravaning and need a cheap vehicle for towing. Looks /
comfort is not an issue so I thought about a Ford Transit van.

We've got 1500 max to play with, can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks....

Old August 11th 05, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nick \(Scots\)

"Long tall ugly" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:56:52 +0100, wrote:

I use an old 2.1diesel Espace...........nice tow car,loads of grunt
cheap on fuel..mind you depends on the size of caravan you choose as
to what type of vehicle you need.
(Espace seating turns into a nice dinning room or double bed if you
cannot be bothered to hitch up the van)

Agreed. I actually tour europe every summer sleeping in my espace
single bed from the house. Taking the seats out allows for a helluva
lot of space. Also plastic bodies prevent rust problems on older cars.

Nick

Old August 11th 05, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I have also been in a reception of a site booking in when a guy was turned
away because he towed with a van, guy went mad but still got refused. was
told they caused too much damage being bigger and heavyer than cars they
churn upthe grass as the site had no off grass parking for the towing car it
had to park on the geass next to the caravan,

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD

Old August 11th 05, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Tinkapace wrote:
I have also been in a reception of a site booking in when a guy was turned
away because he towed with a van, guy went mad but still got refused. was
told they caused too much damage being bigger and heavyer than cars they
churn upthe grass as the site had no off grass parking for the towing car it
had to park on the geass next to the caravan,

The problem comes when you have to lug disability equipment for two. I
have to use a long wheel base transit with side windows and rear seats
and it is registered as a disabled vehicle, have had problems with one
snotty site in Shropshire. Beaconsfield just north of Shrewsbury. Martin
McGowan

Old August 11th 05, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DieSea

"Nick (Scots)" wrote in message

"Long tall ugly" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 15:56:52 +0100, wrote:

I use an old 2.1diesel Espace...........nice tow car,loads of grunt
cheap on fuel..mind you depends on the size of caravan you choose as
to what type of vehicle you need.
(Espace seating turns into a nice dinning room or double bed if you
cannot be bothered to hitch up the van)

Agreed. I actually tour europe every summer sleeping in my espace
single bed from the house. Taking the seats out allows for a helluva
lot of space. Also plastic bodies prevent rust problems on older cars.

Nick

Wait until your forward facing fans seize up and you start having problems with
the electrics .

I've yet to find an auto electrician that can my sometimes will sometimes wont
work wipers out.

DieSea

Ooooooooh and the rattling back callipers ok for a couple of weeks then start
rattling again.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0532-3, 10/08/2005
Tested on: 11/08/2005 18:06:54

Old August 11th 05, 10:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

Yes Martin I know Beaconsfield if you catch him on a bad day he is a right
grumpy chap !!Nice site though