Electric Hook up in France?

Old August 14th 05, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

Default Electric Hook up in France?

I'm going to France on Saturday and want to make sure I have
everything I need. Could anyone tell me whether the electric hook up
connections are the same in France as they are in the UK?

....Ludwig
Old August 14th 05, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John Bradbury

In message , Ludwig Van
Beethoven writes
I'm going to France on Saturday and want to make sure I have
everything I need. Could anyone tell me whether the electric hook up
connections are the same in France as they are in the UK?

...Ludwig

Some sites have the three pin sockets like we have in the UK, but there
are many which have a continental 2 pin socket.

You can pick up a short adapter from your local caravan accessory shop
at a reasonable price
--
John Bradbury

Old August 14th 05, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:37:44 +0100, John Bradbury
wrote:

Some sites have the three pin sockets like we have in the UK, but there
are many which have a continental 2 pin socket.

You can pick up a short adapter from your local caravan accessory shop
at a reasonable price

Thanks for the advice.

*off to Don Amott's we go*

....Ludwig

Old August 14th 05, 11:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
les milner

also it pays to make yourself a short (1ft.) lead with 3pin male to 3pin
female and wire one up in reverse polarity so you can put it line if you are
on a site with reverse polarity (Hence you will need a polarity checker, 5
max from camping shop) although you can run without it but is not adviced.
after youll never want to go in uk again
appy vanin

Old August 14th 05, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Klyne

"Ludwig Van Beethoven" wrote in message
I'm going to France on Saturday and want to make sure I have
everything I need. Could anyone tell me whether the electric hook up
connections are the same in France as they are in the UK?

Ludwig

Have a look here as it might help
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/frenc...anelectric.htm

David - Milton Keynes
www.caravantravels.co.uk

PS really like your music!!!!

Old August 14th 05, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ludwig Van Beethoven

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:07:45 +0100, "David Klyne"
wrote:

Have a look here as it might help
http://www.davidklyne.plus.com/frenc...anelectric.htm

David - Milton Keynes

Very useful site. Thanks for the link.
I think I've got everything I should need now.

....Ludwig