Terrestrial digital TV in the caravan

Old August 14th 05, 01:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Default Terrestrial digital TV in the caravan

You might be interested to know we were caravanning on the east coast of
Yorkshire last week and prior to leaveing I consulted as to wether Freeview
gave coverage. No digital.
Anyway I tried anologue and got BBC 1 & 2, ITV and Channel 4, Five was
unwatchable.
Thought I would give my digibox a go. Got 50 stations out of the 70 'ish.
There are 6 channells used for digital, I think I must have been getting 5
of them. The only noteable TV station missing was Sky News.
So I was well pleased and will try digital every where I go now.

Please reply to News Group

Old August 14th 05, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Stephen Glynn

"David" wrote in message
You might be interested to know we were caravanning on the east coast of
Yorkshire last week and prior to leaveing I consulted as to wether
Freeview gave coverage. No digital.
Anyway I tried anologue and got BBC 1 & 2, ITV and Channel 4, Five was
unwatchable.
Thought I would give my digibox a go. Got 50 stations out of the 70 'ish.
There are 6 channells used for digital, I think I must have been getting 5
of them. The only noteable TV station missing was Sky News.
So I was well pleased and will try digital every where I go now.

Please reply to News Group

I'm still a bit confused with these freeview boxes, do you still have put it
through the existing boosted status aerial ?
I see Asda do a really cheap freeview box.

Steve.

Old August 14th 05, 09:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"David" wrote in message
You might be interested to know we were caravanning on the east coast of
Yorkshire last week and prior to leaveing I consulted as to wether
Freeview gave coverage. No digital.

snip

Please reply to News Group

I had similar results in Norfolk last week (to a lesser degree). Freeview
website said there was no coverage, but still managed to get 17 channels.

I always leave the Freeview box in the van. ready to try wherever I go.

Old August 14th 05, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Stephen Glynn" wrote in message

I'm still a bit confused with these freeview boxes, do you still have put
it through the existing boosted status aerial ?
I see Asda do a really cheap freeview box.

Best to use a directional areial to get most signal.
Status can be OK for digital in strong areas, but in areas like York for
example, it picks up 2 transmitters which can confuse the digibox. (
Bilsdale to the north and Emley Moor to the south.)

Please reply to News Group

Old August 15th 05, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:00:43 GMT, "David" wrote:

| You might be interested to know we were caravanning on the east coast of
| Yorkshire last week and prior to leaveing I consulted as to wether Freeview
| gave coverage. No digital.
| Anyway I tried anologue and got BBC 1 & 2, ITV and Channel 4, Five was
| unwatchable.
| Thought I would give my digibox a go. Got 50 stations out of the 70 'ish.
| There are 6 channells used for digital, I think I must have been getting 5
| of them. The only noteable TV station missing was Sky News.
| So I was well pleased and will try digital every where I go now.

I have the opposite experience. If the analogue signal is poor there is
IME no chance of getting digital.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old August 15th 05, 06:50 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 15th 05, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin

I get it all the time - however I carry a 3 section mast and a largish wide
band aerial.

And I use CT100 cable