Bürstner 500TS probs

Old August 14th 05, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

Default Bürstner 500TS probs

Hi

We have just purchased a 2004 Bürstner 500TS but have a couple of probs. Is
there anyone who has, or has experienced similar.

1. It has a Teleco AT36 Aerial signal booster which is always on and drains
the battery whilst in storage.
It connects somewhere to the water pump wiring so I can remove the fuse but
would prefer to find out where it joins and if possible add a switch, or if
there is an easy way of switching it off. The wire/space is tight and fiddly
at the back of the TV storage unit, so adding a switch withoutextending the
wire isn't an easy option and although part of the cover comes off the top
bit where the wires go in doesn't seem to come off to just disconnect it.

2. The door/frame seems to be bent/warped as it doesn't shut properly. There
is a gap at the bottom latch side and the bottom of the door catches on the
frame. The bottom of the door touches the wheel arch before locating in the
door catch when open, so I am wondering if this is a design fault or wether
it has been broken into (the dealer denies that it has been and has ordered
a new door & frame to hopefully rectify the problem).

TIA
Ian B

--
Please reply to NG
Anti Spam applied

Old August 14th 05, 07:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:38:20 GMT, "Ian" wrote:

2. The door/frame seems to be bent/warped as it doesn't shut properly. There
is a gap at the bottom latch side and the bottom of the door catches on the
frame. The bottom of the door touches the wheel arch before locating in the
door catch when open, so I am wondering if this is a design fault or wether
it has been broken into (the dealer denies that it has been and has ordered
a new door & frame to hopefully rectify the problem).

There's german build quality for you. G So far at least the body on
my German caravan has given me no problems..

(remove the spam to reply)

Old August 15th 05, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"bill lord" wrote in message

There's german build quality for you. G

Other than that it's just little gripes. The guides for the window blinds on
a couple of windows weren't parallel so that if you pulled the blind down
slightly to one side the other side shot out of the track, also cutlery
drawer needed shimming as drawer was too low for catch to stay shut - small
but annoying things

Have you heard of any bad reports re damp in German vans, as they *seem*
more solid hopefully a bit more watertight.

--
Ian B
Please reply to NG

Old August 15th 05, 04:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Have you heard of any bad reports re damp in German vans, as they *seem*
more solid hopefully a bit more watertight.

Warped door is typical of having been forced. Dealer is telling Meltons.
Most German vans have walls and roof filled with high density foam, injected
under pressure in a sealed vessel.
That's why you can walk on the roof (if that thrills you). Pobably stronger
than the floor- which is similar to uk stuff and looks like stale bread, and
just about as strong.
DaveK.

Old August 16th 05, 06:16 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

"Ian" wrote in message
[...]

I had a Burstner for a number of years(1990-2002) and the door was a very
poor fit with gaps all over the place. I was told at the time that it was
typical of the brand. The roof certainly was not filled with foam, but made
of 2cm square batterns infilled with slabs of polystyrene. It eventially
leaked around the roof vent which I sealed with expanding foam. The
supporting wood for the work surfaces was soft and the melanine finish
surface very thin - dented very easily. Otherwise no problems during our
ownership.

Jim