TV Aerials - Anyone recommend a good one?

Old August 16th 05, 09:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default TV Aerials - Anyone recommend a good one?

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a small good, no nonsense Caravan TV aerial for UHF
analogue (bog standard) TV.

(Not, please not, the infernal "Status" device - which never seems to work
properly).

I have a roof vent directly above the TV position so something I could stand
on the roof would be ideal, or anything else that will work reasonable well.

Thanks

Dave E

Derby

Old August 16th 05, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Geoff Lane

"Dave" wrote in
:

Can anyone recommend a small good, no nonsense Caravan TV aerial for
UHF analogue (bog standard) TV.

(Not, please not, the infernal "Status" device - which never seems to
work properly).

I have a roof vent directly above the TV position so something I could
stand on the roof would be ideal, or anything else that will work
reasonable well.

FWIW, I have a "conventional" directional aerial mounted on a mast. The
base of the mast has a channel that sits under the jockey wheel to hold
it upright. The aerial readily splits into two parts for storage, and the
dismantled mast is shorter than my awning pole bag. When setting up, as
with all directional aerials, you have to get both polarity and aim
correct for best results.

http://tinyurl.com/7fgcw has details of the sort of mast and my aerial is
the 14-element version on http://www.maxview.ltd.uk/ret_tvfmext.htm

HTH,

--
Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK

Old August 16th 05, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a small good, no nonsense Caravan TV aerial for UHF
analogue (bog standard) TV.

(Not, please not, the infernal "Status" device - which never seems to work
properly).

I have a roof vent directly above the TV position so something I could
stand on the roof would be ideal, or anything else that will work
reasonable well.

In the right areas the Status is very good for omni- direction reception.
But at times a directional aerial is required particulary for digital. As
caravanners move about a wideband aerial is useually bought. The best is
one like you use on the roof at home. So if you can assemble one on a pole
attached to the caravan this is best. I got a bracket from my local caravan
dealer which holds my pole to the jockey wheel.
The directional aerials sold at caravan dealers with lots of plastic work
but are expensive and not as good as the normal aerial at home. Use good
quaulity coax cable and solder plug on.

Please reply to News Group

Old August 16th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin

DAT75?

Old August 16th 05, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin

DAT75?

Old August 19th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello,

Can anyone recommend a small good, no nonsense Caravan TV aerial for UHF
analogue (bog standard) TV.

(Not, please not, the infernal "Status" device - which never seems to work
properly).

I have a roof vent directly above the TV position so something I could
stand on the roof would be ideal, or anything else that will work
reasonable well.

Thanks Dave E Derby

I have a VisionPlus Image 530/18-2 (compatible with Freeview as well)
http://www.gradeuk.co.uk/products/antennas/vpimage.asp which I have found to
be very good, though it is mast mounted so may not suit you. I used to have
it mounted on a pole which connected to the awning rail and window rail, now
our 'fresh' 'van has no offside awning rail so I now use it fixed to a 2.5m
pole (in 3 sections) attached on the bike rack on the rear of the 'van.
It is made by Grade, the same people who make 'Status' but much better, even
in good 'Status' country.
--
Ian B
Please reply to NG