Awning pole damage

Old August 16th 05, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

Default Awning pole damage

I doubt I am alone in annoyingly having "dropped" an awning pole that
pivoted down and hit the side of the van leaving a scratch or dent. The
first time this happened it fell on a spot where a stick-on reflector
perfectly covered the dent and in the event looked as if it was intended it
should be there. But recently a gust of wind (my excuse) contributed
another small dent and another reflector might just be overdoing it
somewhat. Any ideas for repair or hiding such dents ?

Mike

Old August 16th 05, 03:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message
I doubt I am alone in annoyingly having "dropped" an awning pole that
pivoted down and hit the side of the van leaving a scratch or dent. The
first time this happened it fell on a spot where a stick-on reflector
perfectly covered the dent and in the event looked as if it was intended it
should be there. But recently a gust of wind (my excuse) contributed
another small dent and another reflector might just be overdoing it
somewhat. Any ideas for repair or hiding such dents ?

Devise your own decals.

Or drive faster.

Or lean against it.

I mean - does it matter?

Mary

Mike

Old August 16th 05, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Andrew

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...

"Mike" wrote in message
I doubt I am alone in annoyingly having "dropped" an awning pole that
pivoted down and hit the side of the van leaving a scratch or dent. The
first time this happened it fell on a spot where a stick-on reflector
perfectly covered the dent and in the event looked as if it was intended
it should be there. But recently a gust of wind (my excuse) contributed
another small dent and another reflector might just be overdoing it
somewhat. Any ideas for repair or hiding such dents ?

Devise your own decals.

Or drive faster.

Or lean against it.

I mean - does it matter?

Mary

It does if your trying to sell the van!

Andrew.

Old August 16th 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message
I doubt I am alone in annoyingly having "dropped" an awning pole that
pivoted down and hit the side of the van leaving a scratch or dent. The
first time this happened it fell on a spot where a stick-on reflector
perfectly covered the dent and in the event looked as if it was intended
it should be there. But recently a gust of wind (my excuse) contributed
another small dent and another reflector might just be overdoing it
somewhat. Any ideas for repair or hiding such dents ?

Devise your own decals.

Or drive faster.

Or lean against it.

I mean - does it matter?

Mary

It does if your trying to sell the van!

Well, he didn't say that he was trying to sell the van. But if he is and
wants to hide a defect then it's devious, dishonest and immoral.

Mary

Andrew.

Old August 16th 05, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 19:22:41 GMT, "Andrew" wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Mike" wrote in message
I doubt I am alone in annoyingly having "dropped" an awning pole that
pivoted down and hit the side of the van leaving a scratch or dent. The
first time this happened it fell on a spot where a stick-on reflector
perfectly covered the dent and in the event looked as if it was intended
it should be there. But recently a gust of wind (my excuse) contributed
another small dent and another reflector might just be overdoing it
somewhat. Any ideas for repair or hiding such dents ?

Devise your own decals.

Or drive faster.

Or lean against it.

I mean - does it matter?

Mary

It does if your trying to sell the van!

Regardless, who wants dents in their pride and joy? I guess the fat
bird cant have anything to be proud of and a few dents would be hardly
noticeable. To the rest of us in the sane world of course it matters.