Break on the way to Machynlleth

Old August 16th 05, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dgethin

Default Break on the way to Machynlleth

I will be travelling from Cannock to Machynlleth and I want to know a place
where I can have a break on the way. I will be going along the M54, A458 to
Welshpool, A483 to Newtown, A470 to Machynlleth.
It would be nice to stop about halfway around Welshpool. On the Motorways
no problem stopping, but on the A roads more of a problem.
Any ideas?

Old August 16th 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RADIOTWO

Why would you want to stop !

its only just over 2 hrs travelling time !!

Old August 16th 05, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

You may have a problem if you stopped on the M54, it's only got a hard
shoulder!!! no services
o.uk...

Old August 16th 05, 09:43 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Martin McGowan

Gordon Austin wrote:
You may have a problem if you stopped on the M54, it's only got a hard
shoulder!!! no services
"RADIOTWO" wrote in message
o.uk...

snip
there are services at the Shifnal turn off, which is also the first exit
for telford. They are about 400 yards from the motorway on the Shifnal
road, been there about 18months now. Martin McGowan

Old August 16th 05, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Peter K L Milnes

Detour slightly to Presthope site at Much Wenlock. It is just south of
Telford very close to the A458 between Shrewsbury and Bridgnorth.
Alternatively there are several CLs in the vicinity of Shrewsbury and a few
near Welshpool. They are all listed in the Caravan Club 2005/6 Sites
Directory and Handbook.

All the best, Peter.

Old August 17th 05, 06:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tinkapace

I would stop at Welshpool there is a large car park big enough for a van
with a loo just as you come into Welshpool b4 you get to the lights it's on
the left had side by a tourist centre you will need change for the loo. I
stop there and I travel from Walsall so I go the same route I suffer from a
bad back and have to stop and "flex" every hour or so.

--
Tim Pace
Elite Mortgage Solutions LTD