Any experiences of POWRWHEEL movers please

Old August 16th 05, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default Any experiences of POWRWHEEL movers please

Hello,

I am "on the verge" of buying a Powrwheel mover for my van. It seems to be a
good unit at a good price, and with a 5 year guarantee.

Has anyone out there got one?
If so, how is it proving in use?
Any bad (or good) points?

Thanks

Dave E

Derby

Old August 16th 05, 04:16 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Dave" wrote in message
Hello,

I am "on the verge" of buying a Powrwheel mover for my van. It seems to be
a good unit at a good price, and with a 5 year guarantee.

Has anyone out there got one?
If so, how is it proving in use?
Any bad (or good) points?

Is this the motorised jockey wheel type?
I had this type of thing, OK but it had its limitations.
Wheel slips due to insuffienct weight to give grip going up hill.
Upgraded to a Reich Fixed mover, well worth the extra Money, now 950 fitted
at your home by Happe ltd.
It is www.caravan-happe.com
I note in CC mag. many adverts for Movers s/h, so I assume many people
upgrade.

Please reply to News Group

Old August 16th 05, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:05:36 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

Has anyone out there got one?
If so, how is it proving in use?
Any bad (or good) points?

I've got one - the rollers on both wheels type. Nice soft start on
the remote - had a couple of small problems - and they sent out an
engineer really quickly. It is nearly 2 years old now - and the last
visit (last month to adjust one of the rollers) - the engineer told me
the rubber boots were a little worn (cracked actually) - so I called
the head office the next day - and a brand new set arrived next day.

I'm sure all movers are much of a much ness - but the customer service
I've received has been second to none.

Kind regards

Simon

Old August 16th 05, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Gordon Austin

Hi
I have a Powrwheel mover which I bought at the last "3 Counties Show" and
fitted it myself with no problems at all. I went for the Powrwheel mover
after comparing it with the Reich model, which I found hung a little lower
than the Powrwheel, leaving less ground clearance. I dont believe there is a
lot to choose between any of them, it's a case of making your own mind up.
I've never regreted buying mine! The first time I manouvered my van into the
back yard then smelt "hot clutch" I decided to get one. Never smelt the
clutch since. I've seen people get their van off wet grass with them, when
their frontwheel drive tug just stood still with front wheels spinning as if
they were on ice!
The beauty of them is they are just as easy to remove when you change your
van, so long as the new one is of similar weight.
Tankie

Old August 16th 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike

I had a Powrtouch fitted last year and we have used the van extensively
since and it has been first class - and my 75amp leisure battery supports it
without any problem. A pneumatic tyre jockeywheel is a useful addition and
aids movement on soft ground or small chipping hardstandings.

Mike

Old August 17th 05, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
jon

Without it we could not use our caravan. Have the company fit or use one of
their authorised fitters and you have 5years warranty on the labour as well.
This is the only one I found to offer five years warranty.