Carver/Truma Crystal water filter

Old August 12th 03, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Hall

Default Carver/Truma Crystal water filter

I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
system and causing problems.
Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?
Old August 12th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Richard

"David Hall" wrote in message
I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
system and causing problems.
Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?

So far mine has been fine ..... Richard

Old August 13th 03, 08:03 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

The instructions say wash out the system after fitting a filter I have had
slightly black water at this stage.

If you keep getting the carbon granules after the first cupfull with the
slightly dark cloudy water the filter papers in the cartridge have broken
up. You can get a refill kit which is a bit cheaper than buying a new
cartridge. Messy though.
In this country I don't replace the cartridge, drinking water isn't it?
DaveK.

Old August 13th 03, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
\Em\

"Dave Fawthrop" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:46:59 +0100, David Hall
wrote:

| I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
| problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
| system and causing problems.
| Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?

Eating or drinking activated charcoal causes no problems, indead it

is used
in some medicines.

The dead taking medicines or just the affects of the gritty bits......;o)

Old August 13th 03, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim Allan

In message , Dave Fawthrop
writes
wrote:

| I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
| problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
| system and causing problems.
| Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?

Eating or drinking activated charcoal causes no problems, indead it is used
in some medicines.

T'is rumoured to stop one farting! I ought to try it!

The instructions say wash out the system after fitting a filter I have had
slightly black water at this stage.

Dave F

--
Jim

Old August 13th 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
David Hall

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:39:44 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
wrote:

Eating or drinking activated charcoal causes no problems, indead it is used
in some medicines.

The instructions say wash out the system after fitting a filter I have had
slightly black water at this stage.

Dave F

Thanks for all the input.
Wouldn't dream of suggesting that carbon granules can cause medical
problems. All I am saying is that gritty tea is not the most pleasant
drink and no one wants blocked taps etc.
I am, however still interested in checking out how common the problem
really is. It does exist.
Old August 14th 03, 10:46 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ed

wrote:

I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
system and causing problems.
Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?

I ended up taking the filter out and replacing the housing and run
without a filter.

Ed

Old August 14th 03, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:46:53 +0100, Ed wrote:

| On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:46:59 +0100, David Hall
| wrote:
|
| I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
| problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
| system and causing problems.
| Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?
|
| I ended up taking the filter out and replacing the housing and run
| without a filter.

That is IME not a good idea. We have had problems with green water,
?diatoms? growing in the bottle. No doubt they are edible, but may have
been accompanied by worse bugs.

Dave F

Old August 14th 03, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
AL

"David Hall" wrote in message
I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
system and causing problems.
Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?

No problem here.

We did use a Jug this weekend to chill some water in the fridge, that had
previously been used to measure the Blue toilet chemical, of course well,
well scrubbed, water still tasted like blue chemical though :-)

AL

Old August 14th 03, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:24:40 +0100, kqr wrote:

| In article , Dave Fawthrop
| says...
| On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:46:53 +0100, Ed wrote:
|
| | On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 22:46:59 +0100, David Hall
| | wrote:
| |
| | I am interested to find out just how many people have experienced the
| | problem of carbon granules (gritty bits) escaping into the water
| | system and causing problems.
| | Anyone on this group had experience or know anyone who has?
| |
| | I ended up taking the filter out and replacing the housing and run
| | without a filter.
|
| That is IME not a good idea. We have had problems with green water,
| ?diatoms? growing in the bottle. No doubt they are edible, but may have
| been accompanied by worse bugs.
| Dave F
|
| I bet you use a clear Water Container don't you?

You can see the crud in a clear one.
With an opaque one you have no idea what you are drinking.
Hmmmmmmmm

Dave F