Caravan and camping club central reservations

Old August 19th 05, 07:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

Default Caravan and camping club central reservations

Hi folks

has anyone heard of problems with reservations for the caravan and camping
club?

My parents have just had a nightmare experience where they were suddenly
told that they had to leave a night earlier than they expected. The site
staff were very unhelpful- leaving two pensioners in quite a pickle, a long
way from home.

Anyway during their time there they met many people who had had problems-
including someone who turned up for several weeks to find they weren't
booked in at all.

My parents have been members for many years, particularly to get access to
this particular site when they need it, yet are quite dismayed by their
recent experience.

Neb

Old August 19th 05, 07:34 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Nebulous" wrote in message
Hi folks

has anyone heard of problems with reservations for the caravan and camping
club?

My parents have just had a nightmare experience where they were suddenly
told that they had to leave a night earlier than they expected. The site
staff were very unhelpful- leaving two pensioners in quite a pickle, a
long
way from home.

What an awefull situation for them.
Did they actually leave? I would have not done so, if I had booked that
night as well.
OK so misstakes can happen and the pitch was double booked, but surely the
site could have found a piece of grass for the incomeing people for a night
for free.

Please reply to News Group

Old August 19th 05, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 08:18:38 +0100, "Nebulous"
wrote:

| Hi folks
|
| has anyone heard of problems with reservations for the caravan and camping
| club?
|
| My parents have just had a nightmare experience where they were suddenly
| told that they had to leave a night earlier than they expected. The site
| staff were very unhelpful- leaving two pensioners in quite a pickle, a long
| way from home.
|
| Anyway during their time there they met many people who had had problems-
| including someone who turned up for several weeks to find they weren't
| booked in at all.
|
| My parents have been members for many years, particularly to get access to
| this particular site when they need it, yet are quite dismayed by their
| recent experience.

You do not say what was actually ordered!

When buying *anything* on the Internet, I print *everything* off, from the
page I define what I am ordering, to the page which says what they will
deliver, plus the confirmation email you should get. I keep everything
till I have the items in my hand.

Clearly this would have been a good idea in this case.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk In Case of Emergency
Store the word "ICE" in your mobile phone address book, and
Old August 19th 05, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 19th 05, 08:25 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

I have booked 4 times this year thro the club rez - no real problems, just a
couple of daft niggles:

1.We have booked over Christmas and new year, however the clubrez computer
won't accept bookings for beyond 01/01/06 until after 1st November this
year. So we have had to make a "part booking" up to 01/01/06 and we will
have to book again for the period 2nd to 5th January 2006 (even though its
part of the same period of "stay") but we cant do that until November! Daft
or what?

2. We booked an overnight one-night stop on the way up to Scotland, I booked
it direct with the site and the site Manager very kindly gave us a serviced
pitch (not really allowed for a single night booking at weekends -but as the
site was not busy they used their discretion). Unfortunately I gave them
the wrong date and then tried to amend the booking on Clubrez. There was no
way it would give me the same concession of a service pitch for a single
weekend night. I spent all day trying to get thro to the obviously very busy
site to re-arrange it.

Computers are ok, but too damned logical on occasions!

Dave E

Derby

Old August 19th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

wrote:

| Hi folks
|
| has anyone heard of problems with reservations for the caravan and camping
| club?
|
| My parents have just had a nightmare experience where they were suddenly
| told that they had to leave a night earlier than they expected. The site
| staff were very unhelpful- leaving two pensioners in quite a pickle, a long
| way from home.
|
| Anyway during their time there they met many people who had had problems-
| including someone who turned up for several weeks to find they weren't
| booked in at all.
|
| My parents have been members for many years, particularly to get access to
| this particular site when they need it, yet are quite dismayed by their
| recent experience.

You do not say what was actually ordered!

When buying *anything* on the Internet, I print *everything* off, from the
page I define what I am ordering, to the page which says what they will
deliver, plus the confirmation email you should get. I keep everything
till I have the items in my hand.

Wise move. Then keep them for at least a year in case.
Old August 19th 05, 08:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
John

Old August 19th 05, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Sarah and Lloyd

Ahh we are due to go to our first booked site tomorrow, now in the process
of phoning them all to check they have our online bookings!!

Just out of interest, was it a online booking made, and which site did all
this happen on?

Lloyd