Waterside locations

Old August 20th 05, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dave

Default Waterside locations

Hi,

Anyone know of any good waterside locations - that is where you are actually
right on the edge of a river,lake sea etc.

I know of some like Milarochy Bay, and Rosemarkie but not many others.

Me and mine love to be able to get right to the waters edge - so any
suggestions would be really welcome.

Thanks

Dave E

Derby

Ps - spammers, questioners of sanity, sarcastic commenters and general
flamers: do us a favour - keep your comments to yourselves. This is a
genuine question asking for genuine answers. Thanks

Old August 20th 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:26:21 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

| Hi,
|
| Anyone know of any good waterside locations - that is where you are actually
| right on the edge of a river,lake sea etc.
|
| I know of some like Milarochy Bay, and Rosemarkie but not many others.
|
| Me and mine love to be able to get right to the waters edge - so any
| suggestions would be really welcome.

CCC St Neots. actually there is a path by the river, so you can not pitch
within ??? meters of the river, but that area is mown grass.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
Old August 20th 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 20th 05, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Nebulous

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi,

Anyone know of any good waterside locations - that is where you are

actually
right on the edge of a river,lake sea etc.

I know of some like Milarochy Bay, and Rosemarkie but not many others.

Me and mine love to be able to get right to the waters edge - so any
suggestions would be really welcome.

Thanks

Dave E

Derby

We've recently spent a week at Loch Ness Caravan Park at Invermoriston. We
really liked the site, we had very good weather and its on a long narrow
ribbon of land right alongside the Loch. Booking essential at busy times.

Last Easter we spent a week or so at Ullapool. Again camping right at the
edge of the water. Site was fairly basic and quite exposed, but we would
certainly return at some point.

As a child I remember being in a caravan right at the edge of Loch Lomond,
though I cant remember a name and it could have been turned into timeshare
lodges 30 years ago for all I know!

Neb

Old August 20th 05, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bill lord

wrote:

Hi,

Anyone know of any good waterside locations - that is where you are actually
right on the edge of a river,lake sea etc.

I know of some like Milarochy Bay, and Rosemarkie but not many others.

Me and mine love to be able to get right to the waters edge - so any
suggestions would be really welcome.

CC Bunree but very busy, CC Arrochar, CCC Arrochar, CC CL under
Stratford owners name Bluck ( park right by the side of the Avon ), CC
Garlieston,

(remove the spam to reply)

Old August 20th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 11:21:33 +0100, bill lord wrote:

| CC Arrochar, CCC Arrochar,

CCC calls its site Ardgartan, but is *very* near the CC site.

Beware the midges are IME man eaters.
There are disadvantages to waterside sites in Scotland.

Old August 20th 05, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 20th 05, 12:31 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
DaveK

Anyone know of any good waterside locations - that is where you are
actually
right on the edge of a river,lake sea etc.

Plymouth Sound. CC at Down Thomas. Own sanitation required. On headland
overlooking Bovisand Bay. Pathway to beach. Nice walks all around.
DaveK.