Storage facilities - East Lancs / Greter Manchester / West Yorks ???? Pls help

Old August 20th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Tox O'Grady

Default Storage facilities - East Lancs / Greter Manchester / West Yorks ???? Pls help

Hi folks,
I am well on track for getting my 1st c'van next season. The recenty
puchased 2.9 diesel Sedona is sat waiting on the drive avec towbar and twin
electrics etc.
I did have a desire to go for a full 650/6 twin axle van ( not
hobby/tabbert , the avondale/lunar varieties ) but I hear too many negatives
about storage and refusals to accept them on sites, difficult manaoevring
etc etc.

We have 3 kids ,so my sights are now set on a 5 berth ( 6 berth was in case
grandma came ! ) 550/5 size which seems to be the largest size available on
single axle.

During my checks its become all too clear that I can't just buy a van and
expect to be able to find a cheap place to store it with a few phonecalls.
It looks more like a detailed prior search and a request to get my name on a
few shortlists hoping a slot will become available at the time of purchase.

From looking, it seems the advertised facilities are in the 50 quid per
annum range, but I'm hoping to find a secure farm site in the above regions
for more like 220-250 ish.

I thought I'd struck gold this morning and found details of a palce in
Whitworth nr Rochdale, but the lady advised they'd sold the land to a
developer and everyone had their orders to be off by November ( meaning it
will be even harder for me as I'll have lots of competition ). She told me
their annual rates were 200 per annum which rubbed salt in the wounds.

So there we have it, can anybody in these towns think of any farms /
facilites and email me the rough details for me to persue :-
Rochdale/Milnrow , Oldham , Royton/Shaw/Middleton/Chadderton , Heywood/Bury
, Ashton under Lyne , Todmorden/Hebdon Bridge , Ripponden/Sowerby Bridge ,
Outlane/Lindley/Golcar .

I figure this is a pretty broad area which covers urban an greenbelt. The
reason I can stretch this far is I live in Rochdale and work in Leeds, so
the M62 is my daily trek.