Toiwing with a Ford Transit

Old August 20th 05, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Mike Abbott

Default Toiwing with a Ford Transit

Hello Folks,

I'm new to this newsgroup so I hope I aren't asking something recently
answered.

I am a musician and I am thinking about touring with a caravan on the back
of my Transit 100 fittred with a 2.5 dieel engine and a 5 speed box.

One major problem.
We want a fairly large van with an end bedroom. so it's a fairly big van we
need.

The local caravan dealer has looked at the figures for a tranist and says we
can only tow a van of about 700 / 750 kilos.

Can anyone comment on this?

Many thanks
Mike Abbott

Old August 20th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Mike Abbott wrote:

Hello Folks,

I'm new to this newsgroup so I hope I aren't asking something recently
answered.

I am a musician and I am thinking about touring with a caravan on the
back of my Transit 100 fittred with a 2.5 dieel engine and a 5 speed
box.

One major problem.
We want a fairly large van with an end bedroom. so it's a fairly big
van we need.

The local caravan dealer has looked at the figures for a tranist and
says we can only tow a van of about 700 / 750 kilos.

Can anyone comment on this?

Many thanks
Mike Abbott

What is the kerb (unladen) weight of the Transit - and what towing limit do
Ford specify?

Bare in mind that if you have a large caravan towed by a van you may well be
mistaken for the type of 'traveller' who is unwelcome on many sites!
--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old August 21st 05, 06:39 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Hitch Lock" wrote in message

Bare in mind that if you have a large caravan towed by a van you may well
be
mistaken for the type of 'traveller' who is unwelcome on many sites!

Those types use car parks around here.!

Please reply to News Group

Old August 21st 05, 09:27 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Hitch Lock

Hitch Lock wrote:

Bare in mind that if you have a large caravan towed by a van you may
well be mistaken for the type of 'traveller' who is unwelcome on many
sites!

Don't know what made me write that when I meant *bear* in mind . .

--
Cheers,
Hitch Lock

Old August 22nd 05, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
someone here

"Mike Abbott" wrote in message
Hello Folks,

I'm new to this newsgroup so I hope I aren't asking something recently
answered.

I am a musician and I am thinking about touring with a caravan on the back
of my Transit 100 fittred with a 2.5 dieel engine and a 5 speed box.

One major problem.
We want a fairly large van with an end bedroom. so it's a fairly big van

we
need.

The local caravan dealer has looked at the figures for a tranist and says

we
can only tow a van of about 700 / 750 kilos.

Can anyone comment on this?

Check the kerb weight of your van. It will be on the plate in the footwell.

Is your van a Transit or a Transit Connect?
It is a 100 is that the short or long wheel base?
Van, Hi-Cube or Luton body?

Too many questions to identify what van you actually have, so check the
plate.

Your caravan dealer is quoting for the smallest lightest Transit so that ANY
transit
can tow the weight he quotes. Check your plate. LOL!

HTH

Dave