Xantia:pemanent live feed for 12S wiring?

« - | - »

Old August 13th 03, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ann Onymous

Default Xantia:pemanent live feed for 12S wiring?

Hi, Guys!
I've just fitted a towbar to my Xantia and I'm having trouble with the 12S
wiring.
Is there an alternative to connecting the permanent live feed direct to the
battery. I ask because I can't find a way through the bulkhead into the
engine compartment for the wiring.
I have heard that some cars have a permanent live feed into the boot area
for this purpose. Where should I look for this on my Xantia? Please don't
say "in the boot"!!
I know that Peugeot 406s have this, and wondered if the Xantia, being based
on the same floorpan, had the same.
Gaz

"Dangerous? Whaddaya mean, dangero...AARGH?"

Old August 14th 03, 03:14 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
bowtiejim

"Ann Onymous" wrote in message
Hi, Guys!
I've just fitted a towbar to my Xantia and I'm having trouble with the

12S
wiring.
Is there an alternative to connecting the permanent live feed direct to

the
battery. I ask because I can't find a way through the bulkhead into the
engine compartment for the wiring.
I have heard that some cars have a permanent live feed into the boot area
for this purpose. Where should I look for this on my Xantia? Please don't
say "in the boot"!!
I know that Peugeot 406s have this, and wondered if the Xantia, being

based
on the same floorpan, had the same.
Gaz

"Dangerous? Whaddaya mean, dangero...AARGH?"

Can't you squeeze it through the grommet through which the main wiring loom
passes? Alternatively is the fuse box accessible from withing the car,
because if it is there should be a permanent live bus on it somewhere with a
heavy enough supply to support the relay contolled fridge and battery feeds
to the van, but you must check the thickness of the supply - if you are
lucky there might even be a spare fuse holder linked to it, but do make sure
that no other wire is atteched to the spare fuse holder's terminal on the
fused side. If there is then if should be safe to disconnect it and to
protect its terminal with insulating tape.

« - | - »