Elecsol batteries

« - | - »

Old August 21st 05, 03:48 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jim

Default Elecsol batteries

Has anyone used and had experience of Elecsol batteries? I have a weight
problem with my van and am thinking of switching from the standard lead-acid
battery to save some kilos.

Many thanks in advance for any help given.

Jim

Old August 21st 05, 09:04 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

"Jim" wrote in message
Has anyone used and had experience of Elecsol batteries? I have a weight
problem with my van and am thinking of switching from the standard
lead-acid battery to save some kilos.

Many thanks in advance for any help given.

Jim

I have had a large Elecsol (110AH IIRC) battery now for over 10 years with
no problems, though it was rather a tight fit in the battery locker on the
last 'van. I'm not sure how much weight you would be saving, if any, but far
as reliability is concerned I can thoroughly recommend them.

Old August 21st 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"Jim" wrote in message
Has anyone used and had experience of Elecsol batteries? I have a weight
problem with my van and am thinking of switching from the standard
lead-acid battery to save some kilos.

http://www.elecsol.com/html/products.html#dim

Looks like this one is 25kg.
Think that's something like the top weight one should lift by ones self.

Please reply to News Group

Old August 21st 05, 12:19 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
RADIOTWO

Hi Jim,

I have had one since about Feb this year, seems ok, but would not say they
are any lighter than a equivalent size (Capacity) but delivery service ok !

Steve

Old August 21st 05, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Barry

Can't say that they are lighter but they are excellent batteries, my has
been in 6 years and still holds a full charge, better than any I have tried
before.
Barry
"RADIOTWO" wrote in message
o.uk...
Hi Jim,

I have had one since about Feb this year, seems ok, but would not say they
are any lighter than a equivalent size (Capacity) but delivery service ok
!

Steve