Aerial Polarity

Old August 21st 05, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Ian

Default Aerial Polarity

Hi

Does anyone know of an easy to use website where you can put either an
address or postcode and it will tell you which way up to put your aerial. in
some of the poorer areas its bad enough trying to get any type of signal to
tune your telly in without having to worry about polarity.
--
TIA
Ian B

Old August 21st 05, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:22:08 GMT, "Ian" wrote:

| Hi
|
| Does anyone know of an easy to use website where you can put either an
| address or postcode and it will tell you which way up to put your aerial. in
| some of the poorer areas its bad enough trying to get any type of signal to
| tune your telly in without having to worry about polarity.

On weekends, I print out Wolfbane and set the aerial with a compass.
http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tva.exe? analogue
http://www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe? digital.

When out for a longer holiday when we have no idea where we will pitch, I
look at the aerials on neighbouring houses and copy them.
There was a classic case where the aerials on four local houses were
pointing different directions with different polarities. I eventually got
a poor signal

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
Old August 21st 05, 09:52 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

Old August 21st 05, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Lenny

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:22:08 GMT, "Ian" wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know of an easy to use website where you can put either an
address or postcode and it will tell you which way up to put your aerial. in
some of the poorer areas its bad enough trying to get any type of signal to
tune your telly in without having to worry about polarity.

On the BBC site there is a map you click on the an area & it gives all
the information on all the transmitters in the area.

Lenny

Old August 21st 05, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Alan Holmes

"Ian" wrote in message
Hi

Does anyone know of an easy to use website where you can put either an
address or postcode and it will tell you which way up to put your aerial.
in some of the poorer areas its bad enough trying to get any type of
signal to tune your telly in without having to worry about polarity.

The bst way is to look at local houses, and set the aerial the same as they
are.

--
TIA
Ian B

Old August 23rd 05, 02:26 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
[email protected]

in
some of the poorer areas its bad enough trying to get any type of signal to
tune your telly in without having to worry about polarity.

There's a simple three stage procedure for obtaining the correct
polarity.
1. Try it with the aerial horizontal.
2. Try it with the aerial vertical.
3. Decide which is best and use that one.

Bill

Old August 23rd 05, 10:57 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Deryk Jackson

Hi Ian,
Try http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/trans...ns/index.shmtl
which gives all tranmitters in UK (and gives both horizontal and vertical
polarization for each transmitter).
Hope this helps D.J.