OT - Adware

« - | - »

Old August 13th 03, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Jez Harper

Default OT - Adware

"bowtiejim" wrote in message
Last year about this time someone from this ng advised to down load Adware
from Lavasoft (free) to scan for agressive cookies and the like which do
more than just act as a passive recorder of our movements within a site.

downloaded it at the time and have regularly scanned my system on a once

month basis, but increasingly no unwanted pieces of code have been found.

Having been given a clean bill of health this morning. I downloaded

version
6 of Adware and immediately ran another scan: this time three files were
found which had been residing within my system for some months.

Needless to say I have learnt my lesson.

Adaware doesn't catch everything, you might also want to try Spybot!

« - | - »