wheeel

Old August 21st 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
barbaragibbs

Default wheeel

Hi
I recently brought an old caravan and when towing it home noticed that there
was a slight movement on the off side wheel is this normal or should the
wheel always stay at a nighty degree angle to the chasis. thank you

Old August 21st 05, 04:04 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

"barbaragibbs" wrote in message
Hi
I recently brought an old caravan and when towing it home noticed that
there was a slight movement on the off side wheel is this normal or should
the wheel always stay at a nighty degree angle to the chasis. thank you

Myself never noticed anything like that.
I would check wheel nuts are tight. and if it still does it have an expert
look at the wheel bearings etc.

Please reply to News Group

Old August 21st 05, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 15:33:13 GMT, "barbaragibbs"
wrote:

| Hi
| I recently brought an old caravan and when towing it home noticed that there
| was a slight movement on the off side wheel is this normal or should the
| wheel always stay at a nighty degree angle to the chasis. thank you

Please describe the movement, and how did you notice it?

Is the whole wheel and tyre moving in respect to its axle when jacked up?
also how much?
If so the bearings might be loose, it may be just a matter of tightening up
the wheel nut.

Is the wheel and tyre, and stub axle moving in respect to the van, if so
how much? This may be just the suspension of the van acting normally.

What sort of suspension has the van got?

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.
Old August 21st 05, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning