Week in France in September - not far from Calais....site recommendations...?

Old August 21st 05, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Simon Hawthorne

Default Week in France in September - not far from Calais....site recommendations...?

Hi all

I know there have been lots of threads asking the same questions, but
here is mine anyway......

I have booked a ferry for a week at the beginning of September - to
France. We went to the Alps in June and stopped at
http://www.camping-bien-assise.fr/ - which was excellent and only
about 20 minutes from Calais. I have also looked at
http://www.chateau-gandspette.com/gb3.html -

Anyone got any other recommendations? Must be quiet with maybe a
walkable village with restaurants close by. Plan to do lots of
cycling to the WW2 stuff - so somewhere in the Calais/Dunkerque
vacinity would also be nice. To top it all, how about some views
(although not of Calais ferry terminal!)

Thanks in advance

Simon