Tips for first van choice

Old August 13th 03, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
Dennis Freshwater

Default Tips for first van choice

Hi all,

My wife and I are new to the world of caravanning, but are thinking of
buying a second hand one next year as we are planning to start a family. We
are hiring an Elddis Wisp later this month to make sure we like touring with
one before taking the plunge.

Does anyone have any recommendations for models? My budget is about £9000,
and we want a 4 berth. A built-in toilet and shower would be nice, and we
prefer the style where the two end bunks make up into a double bed rather
than a built-in double bed. Other than that we don't really know so some
suggestions on models to consider would be very helpful.

Cheers,
--
Dennis Freshwater
*** Remove XZY to reply ***

Old August 13th 03, 10:11 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
JayDee

"snip

"Dennis Freshwater" wrote in message
[...]

Dennis,
There is another alternative...
Fleetwood do a drop down bed - saw a Colchester 500 ES for £9 something thou
in a Caravan Club mag advert.
The double bed folds up into the rear bulkhead when not in use and leaves
you with a nice comfy dinette. Fleetwood's new version has the bunk folding
up into the side bulkhead which has advantages and disadvantages over the
rear wall folder, but they're not very cheap (or light in truth - in both
versions - about 1.25 tonnes MTPLM). The front seats are a bit shorter than
on more conventional vans but will make up into a double bed if required.
Shower & toilet in a nice compact 'closet' and a vanity unit / basin with
mirror and shaver unit in the rear bedroom.
We use one and think it's the bees knees!

Hope this is of help

ATB
JayDee

Old August 13th 03, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.caravanning
StvDp

Have a Swift myself but take a look at the Bailey site, new vans from£8000